mind your own freakin business - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #21
SublimeJason

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCcanuck View Post
well I just gotta chime in here....the best way to handle these situations is to be polite and move on. That is unless you want the city or town councils to start coming down on us harder LOL...Maybe some real by-laws against us running anywhere but a track or enclosed area specific to our hobby....Honestly I know it kinda sucks but getting into an argument with the public about this is pointless.....See what has happened to skateboarding?? I see most of the posters would disagree but hey I gotta be me.....your best move would have been to say "oh I had no idea" then packed it up and either went somewhere else or come back another day..what if it they were being truthfull about the swans? Look bottom line is I believe that any negative contact that we have in this hobby with Joe public is just not good...Although I feel your frustration cause I have been there and choose to shut down and go somewhere else......The thing is I actually felt better about it....I wasn't angry after thinking about it,,,,complainers weren't angry since they said thanks...eveyrone went home with a smile.....thats my $.4 GST/PST included

Very Good Post!!!

The More People that Complain to the Cops and Such about Us Running RC's in Public Places.......Means It'll be Even Harder than it is Now to Find a Spot to Run the RC's in Public Places.....

(There's been a Few Times I've Liked to Tell Complaining People to Go F**!! but I Bite my Tongue... Pack up and Find another spot to Bash for the rest of the Day)
SublimeJason is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #22
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re biting your tongue vs sticking up for your rights

i agree that if somebody approaches you in a polite manner to complain its best to try and find another spot to bash but in my case these people were calling me names and yelling at me so sorry but when they approach me like that im going to tell them to themselves.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #23
imported_k1e1v1i1n
RCC Pro Contributor

its all on us . u can never complain about anything anyone else is doing if u dont want anyone to complain about what were doing.
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #24
imported_johndeerekid
RCC Expert Contributor

man that suxxx. i just hate it when people do that kind of thing. but i have to say Rccanuck has a very good point. -Wes

Traxxas E-maxx a.k.a. p-maxx(purple maxx)
!!!RAD TOYZ U GUYZ R THE BEST!!!

EXPLOSIVE RACING TEAM MEMBER-
imported_johndeerekid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #25
Newbie2rc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Kevin G

I ran the maxx the other day and some guy walked up to me and started yelling at me for "killing the planet" then said "besides why would you bother driving these seeing how slow you're going you can just buy an electric" i decided to gun it right there and said "you were saying" and the guy says "well I think you dont know anything these are just simple machines that a baby could use"

I simply said "Buy one for yourself as a kit and tell me how long it takes you"

At that he had no response and walked away
Evader St (E)
Newbie2rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #26
Wizzle
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Chris M
Radio of choice:
futaba 3pks
# of RCs: 34

i could understand your situation totally.its not like you were chasing down the swans.
in the marina where i keep my 1:1 sailboat theres lots of powerboats with twin mercs and such which are noisy as hell and wake you up on a sunday when they leave to go fishing at 6am,but thats the nature of the beast so what can you say.its a friggen marina,duh?
this one particular loser who thinks hes the warden at the marina saw me running my shockwave nitro last spring and came over to my dock and yells "shut that thing off,its annoying ".
instinctively i told him he was annoying and asked him politely to lick my scrotum and get the f off my dock.
he never came near me again,although he passes on the look of death from time to time.lol.
i must have started a trend because a bunch of other guys started running their gas/nitro boats in the marina last summer.
one guy made a comment that he just got it just to ---- the warden off.
Wizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #27
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re wannabe warden

heh heh now thats a good response wizzle.

ill keep that one in mind for the next time . lol
Old 04-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #28
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeJason View Post
Very Good Post!!!

The More People that Complain to the Cops and Such about Us Running RC's in Public Places.......Means It'll be Even Harder than it is Now to Find a Spot to Run the RC's in Public Places.....

(There's been a Few Times I've Liked to Tell Complaining People to Go F**!! but I Bite my Tongue... Pack up and Find another spot to Bash for the rest of the Day)
For example some stunned "tool of the day" drives over your newly built basher, stops, and then continues to drag it a few more hundred yards ... if ever there were just cause for losin it on someone ....
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #29

Total Props: 57
I'd have to agree that being polite would be the best approach. Even if they are yelling at you and such. It's best to be the bigger man. You start yelling back then things get worse. It's suck that this kind of thing would happen but some people just go out of their house to find something to complain about. Adding fuel to the fire will only make things worse. We'll all find people that don't like what we do & the funny thing is I'm sure those people like to do things to. Wonder if they'd like somebody looking over their shoulder and yelling at them?

It's nice on the other hand when your out with your RC and somebody comes over and is really interested or use to be into RC or is into RC. Then you spend more time talking then "playing".
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #30
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXY923 View Post

It's nice on the other hand when your out with your RC and somebody comes over and is really interested or use to be into RC or is into RC. Then you spend more time talking then "playing".
And thankfully, its my experience that this happens for more often that the other.
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in