will any one build me a spad wing? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:21 PM   #11
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I checked out he plans and its like I said basically the exact same wing exciept for the slight changes.

I have flown with this wing and its very strong and stable. Your wing design is for all 4mm coro and has two spars because its very difficult to get 2mm coro. The double yard sticks is to give it ( the 4mm coro) some shape because of the flutes running spanwise on the 4mm and bending at the spars. Without two yard sticks the wing would have a real wierd shape.

With 2mm coro you run the flutes chord wise so you only need one spar to maintain a real nice pleasing airfoil shape. Several folks here on RCC has seen this plane fly and it handles great. (Ronm, Scaleguy, deano, to just name a few) Your fuse is exactly the same length and your using a 40 size engine, basically the same plane.

I am so sure it will work I tell you what....you send me the money, I send you the wing. If it doesn't work properly, I'll send you your money back and you keep the wing. Now hows that for a deal. I can't do any better than that!

Actually if you want my opinion, my wing is better than the design of the one on your plans. You asked for a wing, I'm just trying to help you out!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:10 AM   #12
SpadHawk
RCC Contributor

I am: Harry K
Radio of choice:
FrSky Taranis, Horus
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 0
planeswithwings,where did you get such a good shipping cost? the price I gave was from canadapost.
SpadHawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:39 AM   #13
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Chris l

I live in saskatoon and have a couple dogfighter wings you can have. Let me know

Chris
treecutter is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #14
xv-townboy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
Futaba/Spektrum
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 16
will that wing fit my deb?i havent received it yet.but it has the trainer style wing of course which willl be great for showing a few youngsters how to fly this summer,but i was thinking that it would be nice to have a more areobatic wing that i could pop on for when i wanna have go. .does anyone have a more areobatic wing that will fit my debonair they wanna unload??thanx
Old 02-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #15
planeswithwings

hey treecutter can i get one from you? you will have to ship it . i live 350 km from saskatoon. i will pay you $$. how much $$ would you want?
planeswithwings is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #16
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

planeswith, you can have it for shipping cost. Its a flat bottom wing made from an Esso hockey sign.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dogwing.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1034  
Old 02-18-2004, 01:04 PM   #17
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

xv- the dogwing is pretty small for the deb. It might fly, but it would be pretty darn hot on landing etc. The wings are 42" span and short cord. I do have a spazzler wing that would work.......its a big fat symetrical thing set up for two aileron servos made out of all 2mil coro. 48" span 14" cord with HUGE ailerons here it is with the dogfighter wing for contrast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spazwing.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1035  
Old 02-18-2004, 10:06 PM   #18
planeswithwings

tree cutter it is a deal. plz give me you address and the shipping costs @

david_bmx@hotmail.com
planeswithwings is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:25 PM   #19
xv-townboy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
Futaba/Spektrum
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 16
treecutter-the deb will be my first spad,i bought it off of chris cann.i thought it woulb be great for showing a few of the young fellas that i work with how to fly this coming spring.. i've been reading up on these spads and i like what i'm hearing and reading..so you do think that the spazzler wing would be a good fit do ya??hmmm i sure would like the option of making the deb more areobatic for myself..where u thinking of selling it?if it would work on the deb i certainly would consider buying it off of you..thanx for the reply as i am intrigued with these spads all of the sudden..
Old 02-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #20
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

I recon it would work pretty well, you may have to drill a second set of wing hold down dowels, and check the CG(usually about 25%) If you want it you can have it for $10plus shipping. Take care
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in