good deal on JR 12x radio's - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Re: good deal on JR 12x radio's

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
hey Andrew, I got mine from TBM, it landed last week.

I have the dedicated 12x as well and thought i'd get the MV to use as a back-up (Don't want any chance of cutting the flying season shorter than it already is). I like the versatility of the MV version way better, I''ve got quite a few high end PCM receivers that I can now fly with the 12xMV . Try to sell them (receivers) and they're virtually worthless. Some of them, like the JR945s cost close to $400 bucks and you'd be hard pressed to sell for $30!

You are correct that you cannot transfer programs from a 10x. That is about the only pitfall to the radio. Enjoy it!

Yeah Mike, I have about 8 PCM 10 channel receivers (at almost $250 a pop with tax) and a bunch of 9 channel ones, and 7's. For most of my 40 to 60 size stuff its just fine. I am still flying my large scale and jets stuff on 72, might change to 2.4 next year. One thing at a time... radio first, receivers later on

I have always had good performance with my 72 gear, and will slowly make the switch to 2.4 over the next few years. Less painfull that way.

Now I can use my 10X as a backup radio and give my 8103 away

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave H
Radio of choice:
JR 12X / Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: +20

Total Props: 5
Re: good deal on JR 12x radio's

I just made the plunge to 2.4 Ghz, I opted for the intergrated 2.4 Ghz though. I picked one up at RCC NIB for an awesome price and I have a 2nd one on order with Hi-Flight, Doug gave me a good price I could not refuse.

I'm still wavering on whether I will covert both nimh batteries to lipos/2 diodes.... I need to do a little more research on the enloops... don't know much about them.

I still have a few 72 Mhz 10 channel PCM 940 / 950 / 955's available for $30 with a crystal. Let me know if you need anymore
RV-8'ting and loving it!!
**Trout Farm Flyers**
zdsh13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.