HK600GT Whats in the box - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 AM   #71
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Shawn S

Total Props: 19
Re: HK600GT Whats in the box

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I'll be the one to give support to Benny, reason is this.

Ok so this kit persay is close and simlar, fair enough. Here is only way I myself would ever in my life advise someone to get one of these clone kits.

1.) ENSURE 100% that everything is on par, for fit in every way, take your time to research if you are new to helis.
2.) Research and REPLACE what is known to be (sub-par), aka: some news on feathering shafts and main shafts and one ways not being up to snuff etc.
3.) Place yourself and spectators at large distance at all times with unknown and unproven products.

As you can see well my advice is pretty well, distant...

BUT if you are following some common sense guidelines then you should be "ok". Some of those who I have met have bought the 450 version and this one, thing is that seems to be of common comment is that by time "if you are really demanding of performance" you upgrade or substitute some parts for say its parent non clone in this case a 600 rex you will in fact not have saved a whack load of money, which was the point anyways right?

Me personally and this is NOT a money thing, I would not buy these clones, to me it is important to have parts and kit quality and warranty of some sort if something should go sideways.

I myself when entering hobby really did not want to spend allot of money, I do truly understand this but I have really learned the hard way and now believe that you DO get what you pay for, and this hobby is NOT cheap, and if you CHEAP out now you WILL pay later, this is a 100% gurantee for that decision!!

Look at the Blade 400 for example, you see these vids that Eflite shows, yet amazingly behind the scenes they sneaked in some 401 gyro, maybe some 285mgs on cyclics? Well who knows, thing is I tried one here last fall that was in fact setup properly and worked fine, but the first hard smack down on it and the thing blew apart in the air, so truly was it a hard 3D heli as advertised??.... not even close. I am no Szabo but I can do well enough to know what will take what.

Align electronics...well this is a whole other topic, now flamesuit on but personally Align motors and escs blow on their 600 and up class, here is just another case, co incedently on the heli in discussion...

Now this was fault of the 600L and stock Align ESC, yea...

I have not had issue however in their 450-500 class stuff for escs anyhow...

Conclusion, during these tougher times I am finding more and more posts of peeps crowding to the cheap gates understandable but sad to. I say to you people who think or simply must goto those measures to be extra carefull when buying the bubblegum machine helis and do your reearch first and ask all the questions that need answering!, we don't need any of those bad heli attack stories here!!!!
Once upon a time there were Nitros, Flybars & Frequency pins
My Main OL Photo Gallery:

Last edited by OICU812; 04-27-2010 at 03:45 AM.
OICU812 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #72
RCC Contributor
I am: Ben

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by marcham View Post
Do you know this for a fact? Have you seen the Align factory? Are are you just speculating?

I agree though, people's safety is not worth the risk of flying cheap clones.
Well, maybe I should have rephased that. I can only assume that the parts are made in the same factory as the Align ones are. I have no evidence or proof of this, other than my own way of thinking.

From some of the quick research I've done, after say an 8hr run of making parts with the casting's they have, factory's will cast "Other" parts of the same design, but without stamping serial numbers (on frames for instance), or the same name on the product. This will increase overall productivity and make the factory more money. Remember this is China, the biggest producer of comsumable goods in the world. They have huge factory cities over there. Places where they not only give the employee's a place to work, but a place to live nearby at a subsidy to keep them closer to work. Meals for 50 cents subsidized by the employer. If they can get an edge on the competition buy ramping up productivity, they will.

Now this is where the Q&A should chime in and get rid of any "defective" or "mis-aligned" products. In some manufacturers case they would be tossed and the problem should be found before producing anymore. I'm sure that HK just send them down the line for further processing without doing any of these checks.

I can't see there being any possible way that HK could design their own heli from the ground up, and make money at the price they are selling for. You have to pay for that R&D somehow, and usually that means higher sale prices. They have to be using the design from Align, or someone for that matter, as all the parts look very similar, and are usually "compatible" with each other. There are too many similarities between the two heli's to make me think any other way.

I guess my point is there is a price to pay for quality, and safety to some level. If you have to sacrifice safety to get into the hobby, maybe it's not the right time for you. Know every part of your machine well and don't take it for granted. Im not saying you should go blow a months salary of a heli (allthough it is pretty fun), but get something that at lest has a track record for quality. Align is already pretty cheap when it come's to kits. I can't see getting anything less than that at a minimun.

I hate to link information from other sites, but I found this video of some work being done at the Align factory. Pretty interesting to see the whole process.

Last edited by BennyTRD; 04-27-2010 at 08:41 AM.
BennyTRD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #73
RCC Contributor
I am: Ben

Actually if you watch the video, it's obvious that they don't make alot of the parts in house. It's more of an assembly line. The guy sanding the horizontal fins takes them out of a bag that has to come from somewhere else.
BennyTRD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #74
RCC Apprentice

I like what you said ben about maybe not the time to get into the hobby if you just cant spend enough on it i also tried to cheap out on the servos when i started not to long ago and my esp flew fine with them until i started to throw it into some back loops then a servo broke on i think maybe the tenth one and all i could do is watch it plumit to the ground,that was the day i will never put a cheap part in anything i own.
crashkit is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #75
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 3

Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I have really learned the hard way and now believe that you DO get what you pay for, and this hobby is NOT cheap, and if you CHEAP out now you WILL pay later, this is a 100% gurantee for that decision!!

Well said.

I too believe this to be true.
Hespeler Model Aviators

This is my helicopter. There are many like it but, this one is mine.
MarkToo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.