Great Hobbies price increase - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #21
Wayne V
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Great Hobbies price increase

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by 4wdmt View Post
Just recently. Just last March 2, 2010 I bought 2 Hitec 5065S (HITHS5065S) servos for $38.39 each. Now, I checked their site and they are selling them for $51.99. A $13.60 price increase.

The might have seen their prices is a little behind and adjusted it? Anyways, good thing I bought the servos when the servos are still much cheaper.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but like the above post on the Hobbycraft/TT issue i also believe that Hiflight RC is also no longer the canadian dealer for HITEC products and i'm pretty sure there is NO canadian dealer of HITEC in canada anymore, so once again GH might have to be getting the HITEC products from somewhere else now, even when our dollar was at $.80 GH Hitec prices were much lower than Tower Hobbies, with the canadian connection gone now i can see why the prices have gone up.
Wayne V is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #22
I am: kopter

Total Props: 2

I'm not surprised to see some changes and it is self inflicted by many of our cheap flying buddies. The guys going to Hobby City etc have reduced the market place size for Canadian Merchants. Margins are smaller due to reduced sales. Sure I can say I got a better deal, but I cannot complain when there is not much left to buy locally, the price goes up, or when someone other than myself doing the same wants customer service or technical aid for that import or (its OEM it was cloned from) from a local store.

Personally I am self sufficent and when a new HK product fails it goes into the trash bin, it just isn't worth wasting time with these off shore dollar store companies. I would not have the balls to ask a Canadian merchant for tech support either but some people do because they bought a box of servo wheels locally once upon a time. We reap what we sew.
Kopter is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Habu BNF jet just went down $30, in the past few weeks. Wow, I guess it must be some big conspiracy... lowering the prices of Habu jets... what could Horizon and Great Hobbies be up to now...??

Yeah right. Thats the ticket, a conspiracy.

Like I sid NO ONE says boo if prices go down, but up $0.50 and scream bloody murder.

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.