Funtana 125_Assembly, Electric Powered - Page 10 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #91
RCC Noob
I am: Chris B.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 0
Re: Funtana 125_Assembly, Electric Powered

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi all again!

Just wanted to filll you in on some of the nuances with this plane.

So far, my Hyperion is holding up well. I plan on cutting up my cowl (I have been flying it without cutting the cowl which looks nice) to allow a lot more air through the motor box. After a 6 minute Hard flight, the motor comes down just about untouchably hot. That seems to be one of only 2 drawbacks so far-

The setup
Castle Ice 100
Hyperion LiFe, 3000mAh mounted via velcro under gas motor box for CG
Hyperion 4025-14 370KV motor
2 Spektrum a6030 Titanium Gear servos in ailerons - MPI 1.5 in aluminum arms
2 Hitec HS-5245 Digi MG mini servos on tail- MPI 1.5 inch arms
1 Power HD ds090m on rudder - 3 inch MPI aluminum arm connected to Dubro GS pull pull setup- servo mounted on lower half of battery tray, just under the wing spar tube (barely fits, mounted cables on underside of arm and had to trim bolts short
SmartFly Equalizer for elevator sync
2 6s batteries so far, one 3 season old Hyperion 25c and one new Turnigy 6s- almost the same weight. I am afraid of going higher 'C' rating due to motor heat- will see how cutting the cowl works out cooling wise.

All the work for relocating CG on 6s and I am still shy of where I want to be. The only thing left I can do is cut the motor screws short and make them flush with the blind nuts so as to put the battery ON THE FIREWALL... May try the heavier Turnigy/Zippy 5800MAH 6s batteries if motor cooling allows.

I may consider going the Hacker a50 route- it is a heavier motor with higher KV.

I have heard nothing but good things about this motor and I think that this will swing 19x10 all day long without overheating. Let me know what you guys think!

harttvboy04 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #92
RCC Noob
I am: HSG
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50

Total Props: 0
Re: Funtana 125_Assembly, Electric Powered

guys,, i am currently in the final stages of the funtana build.. I noticed that
1- the pushrods are quit short..
2- the clevis hole is too small and will not thread into the pushrod.. do i drill the clevis to enlarge the hole or did i get the wrong size clevis..

Thanks a million

gazzazh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.