Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #41
RCC Contributor
I am: grant

Total Props: 1
Re: Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Geoff.. ecellent shot of ur chip up agaisnt the cloud. Think that one needs to be framed.
happy flying
juice90 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #42
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9

Total Props: 2

thanks Grant!! I got several flights in with the chippy on saturday night, super fun flier.... the 75AX is still breaking in so i'm not really yanking it yet.

Proud owner of a Hitec A9!!

Maac #79113
Flyboy76 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #43
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Mike C
Radio of choice:
Hot Rock
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 4

I decided to fly the Chipmunk on wheels a few more times just to refresh my memory and sure enough it flies as good as it used to with wing gear.
Put 3 nice flights on it wednesday evening, although the 3rd flight I took off and lost the throttle, no big deal fly around til the fuel runs out, 11 minutes at full throttle Super Tiger .61 16oz. Zinger 12x6. Omega 10% pink.
So here I am dead stick plane headed away from me over the trees, started an easy left turn to come around (at least it looked like it was turning) apparently it was not turning because when I leveled the wings it was still headed away, I have no idea why I thought it had turned I've gone over and over in my mind and it should have been turning.
So I just centered the sticks and hoped for a soft tree, didn't sound like a soft tree when it went in.
Had to cross a beaverdam and swamp to get to the crash site, good thing I had a couple of people helping the search, special thanks to our youngest member Kevin and his dad Jimmy for spotting the wreckage.
Looks like it caught midway out on the left wing, broke the prop, right elevator, vertical stab loose but still attached, wing mounts ok couple of small cracks in the rear fiberglass.
I found that the stuck throttle resulted from a stuck barrel there seems to be a burr on the barrel where the guide bolt rides.
I am however pleased with the robustness of the fiberglass, it seemed pretty flimsy when squeazed but stood up well when needed.
I'll add some pictures as soon as get them off the camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2620.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	79778   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2621.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	79779   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2622.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	79780   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2623.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	79781  

That went well

MAAC 44905

Last edited by mikecoul; 06-18-2010 at 09:38 PM.
mikecoul is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #44
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Paul Petrie
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9cSuper
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 0

Well that just sucks. For what it's worth, she looks to be easily repaired. That fibreglass stood up well indeed!
Hope you get her back in the air soon.
MAAC 79122
Alqonquin Aeromodellers
leopard1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.