Shipping by Hobby King - Page 13 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 07-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #121
I am: Philip A

Total Props: 15
Re: Shipping by Hobby King

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
All I can say with HK is buyer beware. Unless you know what you are buying and are willing to take the risks, it can be very frustrating.

Personally, I just spend my money elsewhere. I can get better service and products from other vendors.

Last edited by philipa_240sx; 07-05-2010 at 01:47 PM.
philipa_240sx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #122
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9

Total Props: 2

Originally Posted by Helno View Post
I must have good luck. I placed an order on the 24th of June and got my package on the 2nd of July.

After 10 orders I have never had a defective item or any mistakes in what I recieved.

Me to... my latest order took 9 days including the long weekend to get to me. I used EMS express and it was lipo batteries.... the only problem i have ever had was one defective servo... it was a $4.00 servo and the other 8 were fine... Other than that HK is aces in my book!!

Proud owner of a Hitec A9!!

Maac #79113
Flyboy76 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #123
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Gordon
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9 BE, DX3R & DX3S
# of RCs: 30

Total Props: 3

I have placed maybe 14 orders with HK and the shipping has been constantly faster than shipping from the US! The fastest from HK was about a week and the longest was maybe 2 weeks! From the states, it has always been about 3 weeks!

The only issue I have had was a defective $35.00 power supply, I paid for the return shipping and they gave me a credit which took about a month!

Other than that, they have been great. I placed another order the other day and this morning...

Enter the World of Ballroom Dance...
All for One, One for All...

RC: Nitro and Electric Helicopters, Planes, Cars, and Trucks; Non-RC: Ballroom Dance and Fencing!

MAAC 77725
Jiver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #124
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Personally, I just cannot understand all the people reporting that they are having such difficulties with Hobby King. Extensive delays, wrong parts or parts missing, equipment not working properly or not at all. I just don't get it!

After several orders containing many various parts, supplies, tools, gadgets electronic items, etc, I have not had one item that was bad, wrong or missing, ever.

My last order arrived (this morning) exactly 8 days from the time I posted it, via express shipping. The longest time for an order to arrive coming regular air mail was 14 days. Most are less than that. I have found all items to be of excellent quality and very reasonably priced.

Ok, I can understand that things might go wrong the odd time, but some people are reporting 2 and 3 and more orders in a row that have gone amiss. This is extremely hard to believe! All the items can't be bad!! Burned up 3 motors in a row from different orders??? Hmmmmm!!! Perhaps you should stop and take a look at the way your are using or handling them.

It just isn't reasonable that one customer get fast delivery and quality parts all the time and another customer always gets delays and garbage parts every time!

Regardless, Hobby King has a satisfied happy customer in me and I will continue to buy from them as long as I need quality parts at reasonable prices!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 07-05-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #125
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx8
# of RCs: 19

Originally Posted by Gary Maker View Post
It just isn't reasonable that one customer get fast delivery and quality parts all the time and another customer always gets delays and garbage parts every time!
It was exactly for this reason I put up a snap poll - please vote folks!
Go fly before it is too late!
Chrisfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #126
Scott Esplen
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Scotte

HK and insurance policies,,,,,Hot topics these days!!,,,,,,,No problems that I would complain about, with my orders........I do feel a little sad for the little guy hobby shop trying to make a living and can't compete with HK's low ball prices........It will help the hobby having access to affordable lipo batteries,,,,,,,,
__________________ TEAM PILOT
Borderline IMAC Team-MAAC AZD
Scott Esplen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #127
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Darrell B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

It is for sure helping others get into the hobby at least, and hopefully will spin of some biz for the LHS.

Myself, I never buy battery's from anywhere else yet except for HK, and no problems in 3 years. And the reason why......simple........COST.
Why would I spend $60 for a "brand name" when I can get very good performance, etc for less than $20.
Xanadu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #128
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: R D

Total Props: 39

I like that if they say they have it in stock they do. I recently tried to get some servo extension wires and figured I need them fast better order within Canada. Ended up being told it would be 2-3 weeks on backorder.

I decided that if I had that much time to wait I might as well get the better deal. So instead of getting 4 servo extensions and paying $4.99 each I ordered the exact same item from hobbyking and got 5 for $1.99 total.

I don`t have any local hobby stores within a few hours so I have to get everything mail order. I like to support Canadian based stores but for many items getting hosed far outweighs`s the desire to buy local. And really it is pretty hard to buy stuff that is not made in China these days.
Helno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #129
RCC Contributor
I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 0
Cool Re: Shipping by Hobby King

I have placed 8 orders with Hobby King. Six of them arrived within a week of the order date which is excellent delivery from China. However, my seventh order took nearly six weeks and everything was in stock. This last order was placed 18 days ago, and the order is just now been filled. Did all their shippers take extended vacation? This is a drastic change for the worse in my books. 75% success rate for me. I'm sure they can do better....they have in the past!!
Ron L J Roy
MAAC 28139L

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #130
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: david R

Total Props: 6

I have over 100 orders with them now. about a month ago I was short shipped a piece and it's still under review and all the orders I have placed in the last month or so have been much longer then normal to arrive. They have been coming through Swiss post.
QMAC Admin
davecrash is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.