Storm Helis: good or rubbish? Other trex 450 alternatives? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 05-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
RCC Noob
I am: John B.

Total Props: 0
Re: Storm Helis: good or rubbish? Other trex 450 alternatives?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by MarkToo View Post
OK. Well, for what it's worth, it's my opinion that putting out the money up front will be an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Coming out of lurk mode, I have to agree with this statement. It is just over a year since I started at absolute "ground zero" with helis using a MCX. Now I am learning to fly a TRex 450 Pro. Along the way, I have flown a variety of smaller birds.

I would say that along with buying a quality bird and radio, just as important is the LHS you buy it from. The LHS is the one that is going be there to support the product with parts, upgrades and advice. That support is really critical. I know of one brand of smaller bird that is an excellent little bird but unfortunately if you want parts, you have send off to China and wait almost a month. I know of another rather expensive "computer controlled", technically advanced bird that several LHS in my area just laughed at because there was little or no distributor support for dealers. Of course there are other birds that every LHS supports.

A widely supported bird is truly the way to go. My 450 is supported by at least seven knowledgeable and well stocked LHS within a 10 km radius of where I live. That is great since I suspect as hobbyists, most of us are impulse driven when it comes to parts and questions. We always want it NOW!

If you don't have access to a good LHS, you should hook up with a local club if there is one. A club will help you immensely in your purchasing choices.
Stumblebee is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.