Oakville Heli Flying - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
kennethw
RCC Noob

I am: Kenneth W

Total Props: 0
Oakville Heli Flying

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello, I'm brand new to Toronto and will be brand new to the Oakville area in a few months. I did a search, but not much came up.

I'm looking for information on where to fly both Electric and Nitro Helis in the Oakville area. Wrote to the Oakville Flying Club, but got ZERO response.

For now, I only managed to bring 2 of my electric heli's over, a 500-sized and a 600-sized, both FBL. I am actually more into scale with multi-blades mains and tails, but would like to learn some basic acrobatics. So far, I can only flip and roll.

Thanks for any information.

Ken
kennethw is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Flyboy 1 (Eric K)
Radio of choice:
CPDLC & Mind Control
# of RCs: 777

Total Props: 203
Smile Re: Oakville Heli Flying

The burlington club on king rd just north of QEW has a number of heli pilots. Heli's are "tolerated" and flown regularly.
Naturally the majority of members are "plankers". I fly both heli's and "planks". It's located just south of Bayview park (the dog park). Nice field with pavement and grass. Many times you will have the field to yourself. You can join the club(including MAAC) through Skycraft hobby on Plains rd in Burlington.

http://www.brcm.org/
Cheers Eric

There is also an active group of heli pilots near Toronto north of the 401 (don't know much more about them.

Last edited by 4stripes; 05-24-2010 at 07:12 PM.
4stripes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 AM   #3
kwm
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Keith M

Total Props: 9
Re: Oakville Heli Flying

Mississauga model flying club off of Meadowvale Blvd in Mississauga flys helis, planes and edf with lots of experienced pilots and help.
kwm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
OMFC_Jody
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jody McConnell
Radio of choice:
JR X9303
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: -1

PM sent!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
orenda635
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mike P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethw View Post
Hello, I'm brand new to Toronto and will be brand new to the Oakville area in a few months. I did a search, but not much came up.

I'm looking for information on where to fly both Electric and Nitro Helis in the Oakville area. Wrote to the Oakville Flying Club, but got ZERO response.

For now, I only managed to bring 2 of my electric heli's over, a 500-sized and a 600-sized, both FBL. I am actually more into scale with multi-blades mains and tails, but would like to learn some basic acrobatics. So far, I can only flip and roll.

Thanks for any information.

Ken
Heli flying is allowed at the OMFC's North Field. At least the club's exec hasn't complained about it... yet. There's a spot set aside behind the runway near the BMX track parking lot for hovering. Full flight is ok on the main runway. I'm not sure about their Dundas St. South Field though.

The Mississauga Club is probably the best place to go though. They're mostly heli over there. Their field is on Meadowvale Blvd just south of the 407. Head up Winston Churchill and make a right on Meadowpine just after the 401 ramp, then make a left on Meadowvale.
They'll have a map on their site.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
kennethw
RCC Noob

I am: Kenneth W

Thanks everyone for your replies and PM's. I'll definitely try to make it out this weekend to all the spots. Just have to rely on my GPS. I drove for over 2 hours straight and seemed to go one big circle, Toronto is HUGH.
kennethw is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
x-planker
RCC Contributor

I am: kevin b
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

I just joined the stoney creek hawks club...great bunch of guys and both plane and heli pilots share the airspace. Glad i did its going to be a good year, come check us out!!

kevin

Team Skycraft Hobbies_Outrage Volocity N2_Protos 500_Blade 450x_Aeroworks Edge 540
x-planker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in