RC10GT Bling! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 06-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Doug T

Total Props: 0
RC10GT Bling!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
well guys.... i just keep adding, and adding to this rig..... its my 1/10 racer for between my buddies. we all have RC10GT's.

last night me and buddy hit the LHS and i found this awsome looking cooling head. Initially i thought it would just bolt on the OS .18 CVR, but the cooling head on the CVR has the "head" built in! And this cooling head bolts on top of a "head" (i hope im making sense of this)!?

anyways, i ended up hacksawing the fins off thye stock head, leaving me a "head button". i then placed the cooling head on it and marked the holes, then drilled and tapped them out for 3mm machine screws, so now i bolt the head on the motor, then bolt the "cooling head" on top of all that.... i lapped the "head" and cooling head with 1000 grit (wetsand), so both surfaces mated perfectly, i put arctic silver heat transfer compound between them as well! same thing you'd do with a computer processor and heatsink.

anyways, it ended up real nice, and looks awesome! so, heres some pics, and let me know what y'all think!?

this rig has come along way from when i got it off flea-bay for 80.00! heck, the rims cost more than the car did! and the cage, well, there not cheap either!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0444_800x531.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	79639   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0445_800x531.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	79640   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0447_800x531.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	79641   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0448_800x531.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	79642  

ginnz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Ray Hooff

Re: RC10GT Bling!

Wow dude, wicked truck!! Seriously the coolest 1/10 I`ve ever seen! Good job man!

Rock On
RayMan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Doug T

Re: RC10GT Bling!

Thanks ray!

ive put alot into this thing..... me and my buddies run rc10gt's on sunday afternoons and have a blast with them. i started doing my own cylinder porting/polishing, and the OS .18 CVR really came to life when i did this one..... i wanna do the crank on it as well, and will when i tear the engine down for a rebuild.but for now, its running really good, i can pull a wheelie when comming off a small hill, or bump with no problem, and it couldnt do that before the port/polish. I did an OS .21 VG and that thing screams like a demon, it really improved the throttle response and added a bunch of top end.

the next thing ill change on the GT is a diffent pipe i found at mt LHS.... prolly in the next week or so.im also looking at changing the ball link setup the GT uses to something a little more stronger, i find ill pop 'em off the front end from time to time when not landing a jump properly.... im not sure what ill do with that yet, but ill add that to this thread when i get there.

ginnz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.