Water Flying in Essex County - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Float Planes Discuss float planes here...or any other aircraft that floats.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Gary L

Total Props: 30
Water Flying in Essex County

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well, as of the first of this year our local gang had lost our nitro flying site. It was private land with a nice flat grass area and at one end a pond was also available. Although not perfect, it had very large, (and growing larger) hills on 3 sides, it was close and useable at our discretion.

Using this as a plan, (before the noise issue) I went ahead and built several nitro amphibs and talked my friends into considering joining in the fun.

So now our options were closed and I had a fleet of amphibs destined to hang in storage, looking nice, but not going anywhere.......

Which finally brings me to the purpose for this thread. We have located a very nice site in central Essex County that would seem perfect for floats and amphibs. The township already has a working relationship with the local R/C boating club and therefore is used to the idea of having the pond sanctioned for this. They are also covered under their insurance during their time of use.

I would like to present them with the option of allowing us to use this as a MAAC sanctioned site, covered under our insurance similar to the boaters. I have their schedule and would also check regarding conflicts with township use, but am looking to see if their is enough interest to make the effort worthwhile before approaching them with the idea.

A bit of info on the location: Just on the north edge of Tilbury it is a pond of several acres dimension. It is also north of the 401, but the camp/park is on the south side and, with the flight line predominantly east/west, all flying would be facing northwards away from the highway.

Here is an overhead sat view:

For more info check out "Tilbury Northside Park" and go take a look yourselves if you have the time.

If anyone is interested PM me with your contact info and I'll determine if going ahead is in the cards. Might be a bit late in the season to start this year, but who knows? Also, if anyone has a better location, PLEASE make it known. I've put a lot of miles on this spring and summer and have yet to find something suitable.
I know there's money in aviation........I put it there!
Cougar429 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.