Ever forget your transmitter at home? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 07-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #31
RCC Contributor
I am: rippin the bring
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1
Re: Ever forget your transmitter at home?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Never forgot my transmitter at home, but one time I was driving home on the highway at 110 km/hr after flying. After 5 minutes of driving I looked over at the passenger seat where I usually set it down and remembered where i had left it sitting...On the roof of my van Thanks to chrysler for making their roof rack cross members low enough to stop a transmitter from blowing off.
Soaring Free Outside The Box

Last edited by DHansen; 07-04-2010 at 04:05 PM.
DHansen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #32
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Here's one I haven't ever heard of anyone else ever forgetting and left it at home!

Got to the field early to setup my plane for an IMAC contest. Everything all together and ready to do a test flight before the contest starts.

I put the Ni-start on the glow plug, and gave the prop a good solid flip and glow fuel spurted up and hit me right in the face. What the heck?? Tried it again, same result. In checking things out I realized what I had done. The night before I was fiddling with things and changed the fuel line to the carb. I had taken out the needle valve and blew threw the line to clean out any dirt that may have accumulated.

I had left the needle valve sitting on my work bench! After a one hour return trip home and back to the field, I got the needle valve in place just in time to start the engine for my first round of IMAC. So instead of being early and well prepared, I arrived only 5 minutes early of losing my first round.

I have left other things home and had to go back and retreve them. But since getting my full sized pilot's license I realized the great significance of making up a good check list and using it faithfully.

Remember, "A short pencil is better than even a long memory!"
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #33
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Originally Posted by Arceenut View Post
Got to the field too many times without the wing bolts. Solved the problem! I attached Velcro to a medicine pill bottle and to the inside of the fuselage. When I take off the wing (or any other parts with small pieces), they go in the pill bottle and attached to the plane.
I usually just put the wing bolts back into the fuselage JUST so I don't forget them (because you **know** I have done this many times too..LOL)

But some of my planes don't like to have wing bots sticking out to get bashed around. So I'm gonna use your medicine bottle/velcro trick. Nice one!!!
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #34
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Myles Jarvis
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9C

Total Props: 1
Thumbs up Re: Ever forget your transmitter at home?

Originally Posted by Dave Holmes View Post
It got so bad I made a check list to go by before I head to the field, and even then I can screw up and forget something!
Dave man, that is EXACTLY what I had to start doing!

Let's see, the most popular items for me to forget:
1- Start shaft (for my ducted fans)
2- Transmitter
3- Fuel-both planes and helis
4- Helicopter- thought it was in the trunk of the car already from the previous day of flying....nope it wasn't
5- Fire extinguisher
6- When I think about it I have at one time or another have forgot just about everything at least once!

Everytime Iwould come back for something.....my wife would just laugh!
Howzitgoin' eh?
Myzee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #35
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

WOKING (vb.) To enter the kitchen with the precise determination to perform something only to forget what it is just before you do it. - The Meaning of Liff
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.