Hobbyking Experience - Snap Poll! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-4 how has your overall experince with HobbyKing been?
Outstanding! 44 50.57%
Acceptable 33 37.93%
Borderline Okay 8 9.20%
Terrible! 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #21
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6
Re: Hobbyking Experience - Snap Poll!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I think the shipping is very fair. At least they tell you how much room you have to make it worth your while. This feature also works well if you make a group order, so you can split shipping. The more you buy, the better the shipping. I've only had one experience where I didn't get my stuff within 2 weeks, and as soon as I brought it to their attention, they remedied the situation.

As for quality, I've found the motors and ESCs work very well. I've only had one LiPo pack give me any issues and, to be fair, it was a VERY cheap 5s pack that I probably pushed a little too hard anyway.

As for people complaining about the quality of the servos, what do you expect for $5? Servos are one place that I refuse to skimp on quality, so unless I'm setting up an indoor foamy or small Parkzone-style outdoor plane, I wouldn't use servos from HK anyway.

IMO, the value is pretty darn good from HK. I've spent literally thousands of dollars on their equipment and have had very few problems with any of it. I've had about the same number of issues with name-brand stuff as I have with HK stuff, but I purchase far less name-brand.

To each their own, though. A lot of people have varying opinions of different brands and online shops they like to frequent. As far as I'm concerned, if it works for you, stick with it!
Team Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #22
RCC Contributor
I am: fred f

Total Props: 2

Very happy with Hobby King, 12 orders so far one problem. Wrong stuff!! fixed and they even gave me a credit for the return postage.
Just flew this AM on some lipos that are on season # 3. Still holding up
Without them would still be fighting with glow.
1THEPALMER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #23
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx8
# of RCs: 19

Thanks all for your very informative and balanced responses. I think the results speak for themselves.. Despite some minor issues the overwhelming vote is so far positive...

Last BUMP for the last 24 hours before poll closes!
Go fly before it is too late!
Chrisfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #24
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

Happy except for the one thing-
they harvested my email address that I use for paypal and it was a pig to get off their spam list, as they use an outside spammer for this.
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #25
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Ordered parts on THURSDAY 11PM

Arrived on my desk TODAY (Thursday) 10:40 am

7 days to get my stuff, and this was regular registered mail, not the EMS.

WOW. I am impressed.
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #26
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx8
# of RCs: 19

Okay so there we have it! The results are in and close to 90% of people are happy with 50% of you very happy. Only 2% were upset.. What does it all mean?

I guess it confirms what I believed all along - almost all of the time it goes really well, but every now and then it bites folks which is a bummer for sure!

I originally decided to commission this after Gary Maker's post where he said "It just isn't reasonable that one customer get fast delivery and quality parts all the time and another customer always gets delays and garbage parts every time!"

To be honest I never doubted I would stop buying from them - as I have said before, it is the only way I can really justify what I spend relative to other priorities I have.

Thanks for voting...

PS. Interestingly the only 2 "Terribles" came in in the last 24 ours so I am glad I bumped it to ensure everyone got their vote in!
Go fly before it is too late!
Chrisfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.