Notes from an Instructor - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 07-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #21
Dennis 9412
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dennis DuBois
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-10G, JR XP9303
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4
Re: Notes from an Instructor

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
No charge for instruction. Most clubs require MAAC membership and club membership as a prerequisite to instruction.

There are quite a few clubs in the Ottawa area. Go to the MAAC website and see the map of Canada. Choose Ontario and see the zone maps.

Find out what zone represents your area and then see a list of clubs in that zone.

In your case, you are in Zone G - The Ottawa Valley Zone

Pick out the club closest to you and call the contact listed.

Have fun!!

Dennis DuBois
MAAC 9412L
IMAC 3821
CFI Orillia Aeromodelers
Dennis 9412 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #22
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6
Re: Notes from an Instructor

Originally Posted by marco2236 View Post
Its not hard at all, Every MAAC field has at least one instructor to teach you to fly safely.
Once you get a MAAC membership and Club membership you can go out to any MAAC field and meet new people and gain more experience.
On top of that, a lot of clubs will handle your MAAC renewal when you renew your club membership, or you can choose to get three year coverage on your MAAC also, if you don't want to have to do it every year.

Come out to ORCC one Wednesday evening. That's training night. You can get a feel for how things work and meet a few people of the club! I'm hoping to fly at some point during the weekend too. If you want, you can come and watch and I can answer any questions you might have.

One benefit of ORCC that wasn't mentioned over on Calmdays is that we may be getting a new field very shortly, and a very nice one if all goes according to plan! You won't even know what to do with all that space!

Trust me on this, joining a club and getting some instruction is a good way to go! I'm self taught and thought that I'd like to fly by myself most of the time. However, I quickly found that I had way more fun when I flew with other people. You sometimes see stuff that you hadn't thought of trying, or maybe another aspect of the hobby that interests you!

An example of this is that I started with a Parkzone Corsair because I've always loved the looks of scale warbirds. However, after a short period of time I discovered 3D flying and quickly moved towards that end of the spectrum, getting a Multiplex Acro Master to learn that side with. It wasn't long before I got sucked into the vortex of competition flying and IMAC! Along with that, I moved into giant scale planes and that's where I am now. If you imagine yourself moving that way, ARCC (Arnprior RC Club) is they place to be, although a little ways out from Ottawa. Lots of giant scale planes and most people fly IMAC (scale aerobatics) competitions.

If you like warbirds, there are plenty of guys at ORCC that do that too. Lots of beautiful scale planes to look at! Many guys at ORCC are also members at ARCC.

Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up at some point. I'm a member or ORCC and OREO and will be a member or ARCC shortly. I could give you some instruction over at the OREO field if you like, as I'm instructor with them. I don't have any electrics left at the moment, but I could give you hand with yours if you want!

Team Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.