14MZ/12Z/12FG upgrades - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #11
Steve N.
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Steve N.

Total Props: 3
Re: 14MZ/12Z/12FG upgrades

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hehe... Sorry Gary,,, I already did the li'l dig, but I won't take the bait Too many guys in each camp I just look for things to bug Paul about,,, but I don't want to offend half of Canada
So many planes,,, so little time
Steve N. is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #12
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 21

Originally Posted by KAPTAN KAOS View Post
Why would he want to by a toy radio when he already has a good Futaba radio?
Uh-huh, dats wut I wuz thinkn.

MAAC Jet Committee/JPO Western Canada
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Allan C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by Pauld View Post
In case u guys have not picked up on it, Futaba has recently released some upgrades to the programmable radios in the last couple of weeks.

Upgraded my 12FG with some nice new features. I really like the new function where you can highlight and click on a clock icon on the home screen and the timers go full screen for better visibility.

Hi Paul

I just up dated me 12FG, thanks for sharing this information.

Also looks like there is going be some good new from SM regarding the retracts for the Viper as well. Chat soon

atiger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #14
RCC Noob
I am: Craig T

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by Oilsands View Post
How is everyone liking there 12FG (2.4)? I currently have the 10C (2.4) and like that, but do like some of the features of the 12FG that I have read.
I have had my 12Z now for several years. I am still learning new things about it. I also have it upgraded to 2.4 FAST. I have also used the 12FG at work. In my opinion the FG is a nice radio but for the extra few dollars the 12z is much better and easier to navigate in. The programming in both is completely differernt for anyone coming from a 9C. The manuals for both 12 series radios are terrible. The FAQ on the futaba site really help with a lot of issues. Took me a long time to get my head around how it works. I think the new 10C will fit the bill for most people. The 12 series is a whole new ball game. I did notice that the new 8FG has a mix of features from both the 9/10C series as well as the 12 Series. Confused the hell out of me when I first tried to help a fellow modeller program his. I can't ever see myself needing a new radio as long as the 12Z keeps working. I have only began to scratch the surface of its abilities. My 2 cents.......
phazernut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.