Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Roy
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx6i
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
HELP new to Cars

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi! Can someone help me with a few questions. I fly planes/Helis, but new to cars. Just bough the Losi 1/18 desert buggy for my 7 years old Son. Wanna get him going. Here are some questions that would really help me:

First, here is the link to the vehicle:

1. What parts should i keep on hand at all times as spares to make sure we can be rolling at all times?

2. Do NiMh batts charge as fast the Lipos for this vehicle?

3. Where can i get Lipos for this vehicle that would fit without too much modifications to the rest of the vehicle? Are there any other parts i might need to use Lipos on this vehicle?

4. What size Lipos would you recommend?

5. How long can you drive the vehicle before you need a charge on the Lipos?
RoyDallas is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
RCC Apprentice

Re: HELP new to Cars

Parts control arms and caster blocks, bearing carriers and some of the ball studs and few links.

Lipo's can charge a bit faster for you I dont recommend lipos if you havent used them before. This is a topic you should have with your LHS.

10-20mins run time depending on size.

Batteries go to for lipos.

But a lot of your questions and concerns should be taking up with your LHS.
bubu1.0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice
I am: Cam J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Some parts I would recomend r an aftermarket bumper to give some added protection and the the only thing you need after the is the front linkages so front controll arms and castor blocks and steering horns and shock caps get aluminum shock caps and rpm plastic everything else unless you want to spend some real money then go aluminum but i like rpm they make great aftermarket products for cars but get a really good bumper and half the battle is done. as far as lipo vs nimh lipo all the way no builyt memory quicker charge way more powweer cause you can go with a 40c and since its not brushless you will save wieght and get a way longer run time i looked at the pick and yeah replace both controll arms both shocks with aluminum and camber rods withh adjustable aluminum as well and then have fun rather than fixing stuff all the time
camjopp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
RCC Noob
I am: Mike B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

If the car is for your 7yr then the parts you need will vary depending on what get's hit start with a arms, my kids broke those on a steady basis until they got the control down. Lipo's arn't as scary as advertised but check with your local hobby shop (LHS) getting your kids started in this hobby can quickly turn bad if the parts support isn't there from your local shop. Have fun with it, my kids and I spend a lot of time every week together playing and talking. But most of all enjoy the time with your son. Who knows maybe he'll still be driving like some of us, 20+ years later. It's pretty easy to go too technical with a seven year old. NiMH batteries are inexpensive and don't require any special handling, the losi 1/18 is a pretty decent little car enjoy, oh don't forget toget one for you too!
Hobbes69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.