106” Span (36%) ARF ‘Katana’ Aerobatic Model (New Listing….Reduced Price) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Terrence Allen
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Terrence Allen
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 0
106” Span (36%) ARF ‘Katana’ Aerobatic Model (New Listing….Reduced Price)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
• As manufactured by World Models and distributed in North America by Airborne Models
• Powered by Fuji Imac model ‘BT-86EI’ horizontally-opposed twin currently swinging a 24/10 wood prop.
• “EI” in model designation refers to ‘electronic ignition’ whose function is to advance or retard the ignition timing to optimize starting ease without compromising on optimal timing for top end performance.
• Access to the manually-operated choke (as well as the high and low speed needles) is through the lower front of the cowl
• Nine servos total on board with two each on each wing panel, the elevators, the rudder and one on the throttle. The four aileron servos and two elevator servos are Futaba model ‘S9451’ and the two rudder units are Hitec model ‘HS-5945MG’. All are high speed, high torque units with digital amplifiers supplying power to coreless motors driving dual ball bearing-supported, all metal gear trains
• Ninth, on the throttle, is analogue ball bearing Futaba model ‘S3008’
• Suited to FM and PCM transmission technology in addition to 2.4 GHz without concern for interference from either the engine’s ignition module or the abnormally long servo extension leads accomplished by use of fibre optic servo extensions used on the two outboard aileron servos, the four mounted in the tail grouping plus one more for the throttle servo (as it is mounted in close proximity to the ignition module)
• Four aileron servos are connected also through a Futaba four channel servo synchronizer for ease of adjusting.
• Power for all on-board avionics (including the engine ignition module) is supplied by a pair of 2s1p, 2200MaH lithium polymer packs. Pair of high current, linear regulators are incorporated (diode-isolated from each other) and switched with shorting plugs to eliminate the need for external switches
• Regulators are installed with an externally-mounted LED that flashes different colours should the supply voltage fall to a critical level. The only externally-mounted switch serves the ignition module. Please note that this redundant power supply system was installed after the pictures were taken and so does not appear in any
• Fueling is through a Great Planes gas ‘Easy Fueler Valve’
• Model has been flown one single flight for one single flight and it presented as rock solid in the air and this is precisely what one would expect from such a model… purpose-designed and built for precision aerobatics
• New listing…price reduced from original $1745. to $1490.
I am listing several prepared radio controlled fixed and one rotary wing (helicopter) model(s) on this site suggesting sell prices that I feel are fair. If the interest is sincere, I will negotiate fairly such that, if common ground can be found, both parties come away from the consummated transaction feeling they’ve been treated that way. Realistically, I know I can not expect to recover anywhere near the original cost of each. I will try to respond to all enquiries in a timely fashion.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P4.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	83352   Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P6.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	83353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P12.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	83354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P16.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	83355  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.