Busted by the police! - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 08-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #71
RCC Apprentice
I am: Dav K.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 0
Re: Busted by the police!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Gee I can't possibly understand why no one appreciates your "humour" Maybe reading a proper definition could help you out? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
"No one", huh? Somebody got it. It's OK, you're obviously of the "lead balloon" crowd. I'm not going to kiss your a$$ just to satisfy your need to be superior. I'm done here. You're kinda puckered so tight, you'll have a hard time pulling that toothpick out.
This whole thing is a bust. The cop was WRONG. The guys who advocate joining MAAC are pretty fanatical. No, the "sky is not falling". We don't have to join anything just because of the "what if". No wonder Americans sometimes laugh at us. We're wound up so tight, the sunshine can't get in. Loosen up before you snap.
xviper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #72
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Originally Posted by lanman View Post

I was told by the Police dept to check with the airport about any regulation in regards to flying model aircraft. I didnt need to, since today I heard back from Industry Canada, who sent me a link to the relevant Transport Canada regulations. Probably worth printing this out and having with you. That's what I intend to do in case I run into the same cop again.

Canadian Aviation Regulations 2010-1

Model Aircraft, Kites and Model Rockets

602.45 No person shall fly a model aircraft or a kite or launch a model rocket or a rocket of a type used in a fireworks display into cloud or in a manner that is or is likely to be hazardous to aviation safety.

...then under section 101.01 (Interpretations)

"model aircraft" - means an aircraft, the total weight of which does not exceed 35 kg (77.2 pounds), that is mechanically driven or launched into flight for recreational purposes and that is not designed to carry persons or other living creatures;

Thanks for the update, Lanman. This was a great thread regarding flying in public spaces and full size aircraft. Hopefully it stays on topic
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #73
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Your welcome Max. I just received a little more 'official' information as well from the local school board. I asked in an email what their policies were in regards to use of their property after hours. I told them that I wanted to fly a R/C helicopter.

Here is what I got back:

"Thank you for contacting the Board. I have attached a copy of our policy for use of schools. You may contact the City of Brantford Parks & Recreation Department at 519-756-1500 for use of fields as they schedule the use of our fields from September to May"

The attached policy was 100% about the use of the actual school building, not the school property. So I take this as an official go-ahead to feel free to fly in the school yard (after school hours and when nobody else is there obviously)
lanman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #74
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Originally Posted by lanman View Post
Well I just got back from the Police station. They were sort of at a loss for words and all they could suggest was that I ask someone at the airport, maybe they would know something. I'll probably do that, just so I've done all my homework. I've also checked all the city bylaws. Nothing against flying an R/C aircraft in a city park, as long as I don't take pictures with a cellphone while I'm there, or arrive there via a parachute or hot air balloon

420.3.37 Activities - prohibited - unless authorized
Except in conjunction with an event or competition sponsored by or affiliated with the City or otherwise approved by the City, no person shall within parkland or property:

(a) possess an air gun, firearm, gas operated or spring operated
gun, archery equipment or catapult;
(b) make an assent in a balloon, parachute, airplane or other kind of aircraft;
(c) perform any act that congregates or is likely to congregate
(d) fire or discharge any torpedo, rocket or other fireworks;
(e) build or light an open firewithin the parks or property and further, no person shall build or light a fire within the parkland or
property in places other than in fireplaces provided by the
City, or in portable stoves or on barbeques used in designated
picnic or designated parking areas;
(f) leave a fire unattended nor leave an area without completely
extinguishing the said fire when not in attendance;
(g) march in military formation, or in a band or procession, parade or drill or perform any movement or ceremony;
(h) beg, solicit or invite subscriptions or contributions;
(i) sell or offer for sale any articles, thing or service;
(j) solicit patronage to or for any person, business, rooming
house, restaurant or hotel;
(k) take or permit to be taken any files, photograph, videotape,
television broadcast or use of any camera cell phones and personal digital assistants, unless authorized;
(l) carry or display any flag or banner; and
(m) make exclusive use of any portion of any parklands or property, without a permit.
Well, now I know that I better leave my TORPEDO at home the next time I plan to visit Brantford

WHo makes these up? Seriously? A TORPEDO? WHo even has one... maybe to go along with their submarine or PT boat?

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #75
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 3

Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post

WHo makes these up? Seriously? A TORPEDO? WHo even has one...

You don't? pfft.
Hespeler Model Aviators

This is my helicopter. There are many like it but, this one is mine.
MarkToo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.