new to forum... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
new to forum...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi - i'm new to rccanada, just got my first heli after using a sim for a while - hope i don't destroy it! thought i'd better network with some experienced pilots who may have some good advice before i bury my $$$

rOto-RoOter is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Arthur F

Re: new to forum...

Welcome to RCCanada and to RC Heli.
Raptor 50 V2
MAAC 35808
sliderx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Joe Smith (I swear)
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11

Well then - from words of experience:

The sad truth is it doesn't matter how much networking you do - you're going to bury your nice shiney expensive new helicopter no matter what. It's just a matter of time.

Sounds bleak eh? Nah, just rebuild and keep going. You bought a sim and played with that first yeah? That means it'll probably be a little longer for you before you do

It happens to all of us sooner or later. Just be prepared. It's all part of this wonderful hobby. If it wasn't a challenge I'd have quit years ago.

The only real advice I have for you is find somebody local to look over your heli and give it a test hover before you go to town. There's a lot of black magic to setting up a heli properly, and no newbie can be expected to know everything right away. Getting it into the hands of someone experienced from the get-go can save you some money, time and effort.

Good luck!
uʍop ǝpısdn ʇı op sʎnƃ ılǝɥ
rotormonkey13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
RCC Apprentice

This is sure an addictive hobby i have been at it almost a year and am loving it ,but as rotor monkey said find someone or a club that can help or give advice on the heli and starting yes you can do it by yourself but i would not be half as far as i am without the guidance of some great fliers and simply just seeing how to do some moves Where are you located.cheers
crashkit is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8

Good advice - I'll have to read this too. I just bought a heli after flying rc planes for a couple years, and despite using the simulator as well will no doubt end up making a lawn mower out of it!! I got a used Blade 400, what heli did you get?

Welcome to the insanity!
Dean Myers
MAAC 81138
CMPRA Calgary (
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
RCC Noob

lol - thanks for the thought so far. yep, i'll have to get someone to check it out for me and give it a try. of course the sim is the ideal world and everything is set up right and perfect conditions etc..

i got a HeliMax CPv3 rtf - looks like this but yellow canopy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hmxe07-gallery-b-lg.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	83981  
rOto-RoOter is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.