Since Rants Seem to be Season... - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: russ h
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: Since Rants Seem to be Season...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
you haven't been in Red Deer for 5 years, things have changed. Trust me. Greyhound service out here sucks.
russ is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

I also broke the antenna on my DX6i. How were you able to purchase an antenna to do the replacement yourself? I called a couple of different hobby shops in our area to purchase a new antenna and was told that I could not buy an antenna as it requires an authorized service center to do the repair/replacement. And as far as anyone I talked to knew, Horizon Hobby is the only place that does repairs to Spektrum Radios.

So, I called Horizon Hobby directly and was also told that I couldn't buy just the antenna but had to send the whole radio back to them for the replacement. I had to fill out a "Request for service" form to be included with the radio and off it went to Horizon. The post office charged approx $18.00 for postage.

Two weeks to the day, I received the radio back from Horizon, which had a brand new antenna installed. There was NO charge for the antenna and Horizon even paid the return shipping via Expedited Post. What amazed me was that this was NOT sent back to Horizon under warranty but they did the job with no charges what so ever anyway.

Although I was grounded for that two weeks and it did cost me $18, I had the assurance that the radio was properly repaired and fully tested before they returned it to me. (BTW, they listed the replacement antenna @ approx. $9.00 USD)

My antenna broke at the hinge point, seems that is a very weak point as I have heard of a number of people who have now had the same problem with their antennas breaking at the same place. But after all is said and done, I am very happy with the service provided by Horizon Hobby!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 09-10-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #13
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Originally Posted by russ View Post
you haven't been in Red Deer for 5 years, things have changed. Trust me. Greyhound service out here sucks.
Well, ok, I've had stuff sent to me from that same hobby store via greyhound many many times in the last 5 years, always overnight, and always cost effective. Parkzone Habu from Red Deer to Abbotsford, overnight for $25, doesn't seem expensive to me, I guarantee DHL or any of the others would have been significantly more.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

does this one fit?

what about these antennae?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1383.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	85118  
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine

Last edited by moo; 09-10-2010 at 05:29 PM.
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #15
RCC Master Contributor
I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6

Things must have changed recently. I purchased a new antenna for my DX7 at my local hobby shop. It was a little bit of a *&#@$ to reattach the small connector to the circuit board but after that the install went smoothly.
The part number on the package is JRPA164.

The package states " Replacement Transmitter Antenna Assembly for the X9303, X9503, 12X, DX7 and DX7se."

Here it is on Horizon's site.

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!

Last edited by Tomahawk; 09-11-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.