Do you guys fly Futaba or Spectrum? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 09-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #41
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Alexandre G

Total Props: 1
Re: Do you guys fly Futaba or Spectrum?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
''For me, people who bash Spektrum or Futaba or any other 2.4Ghz Tx are simply kids who were not flying when you had to pull your antenna or hope nobody ever turned on their Tx with the same crystal while you were flying''

As flying for more than 20 years now, i can say that i have used Futaba for a long time, then switched to Jr maybe 10 years ago, i liked the way it feel in our hand better, then i switched back to Futaba 3 years ago for the reliability even if i find it more ''plastic feeling'' radio.

As a product engineer, i must admit that the Spectrum was not really or extensively tested before releasing to the market. Adding a second sat receiver to prevent glitch, then a 3rd one and now 4th , wow. Then releasing a receiver for carbon airplane compatibilite issues because previous one was glitching (all from customer report or crashes). Futaba released ther system after using in in industrial application more that 10 years ago, this ad to make a difference in the product.

Search yourself on the web, and try to find people that had crashed model because of receiver glitch, reboot, ''brown out'' lock-up etc....With a Futaba Faast...

Then do the same for Spectrum, you will find so many threads, some from newbie(yes) but also lot from experienced flyer....

Anyway, i'm sure that the new system that JR release themself will be as reliable as any other old name in the industry (Futaba, Hitec, Multiplex etc...)
Anyone can fly but it takes a pilot to land!!
Alex29 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #42
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

I just maiden'd my JMP Firebird this weekend with a JR12X and 1221 receiver, not a glitch, rock solid. I also put multiple flights on my Raptor again this weekend, all at 220+mph with an AR9000 receiver with one satellite receiver.
I have no issues with JR/Spektrum, if you set it up correctly, make sure the radio is on and transmitting before you turn on the airplane, and basically, follow common sense, they work perfectly. At the Princeton rally this weekend the radio's were significantly more JR than Futaba, the only unexplained crash this weekend was a Habu with a Futaba FASST system (not saying it was the Futaba radio though, we have no idea what happened, control was simply lost).
I crashed my Habu as well on Spektrum, but that was a lost connection between the brain and the thumbs, nothing to do with the radio LOL
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #43
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 0

i don,t fly jets ,but i,m flying giant areobatic aircraft up to 35% er,s and i fly jr\spektrum radio systems.i have been on 2.4 spektrum plug in module base sytem ever since they came out and never had a hiccup with it.i will be moving up to the 12x next season and on another note all my systems are on the old firmware as they have not been sent in for the latest firmware.just my 2cnts.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #44
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Jeremy & Marc - you guys dont count... only the guys having trouble seem to count.

The guys who are determined to suggest JR/Spektrum DSM2 is flawed - what about (for the last time) the vast majority of the users, since the system came out, who are flying all sorts of large & complex planes without any issues? Why can you seem to condemn DSM2 due to a small percentage of users who have issues? And yes, if you think of how many thousands upon thousands of DSM2 receivered aircraft are being flown daily in North America VS how many people have issue, its a small percentage. It certainly cannot - with any logic - mean that every DSM2 user is doomed and should switch to something else.

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.