General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Darrell B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1
Talking Hk!!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Look at this baby............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P-38S.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	86593  
Xanadu is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Kermit
Radio of choice:
Specktrum Dx7 DSM2
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: Hk!!!!

Got one ordered already, can't wait...
Kermit Canam MAAC #8810
ParkZone F27Q Stryker, Parkzone BF-109, EFilte Simitar, Sonic 185 Glider, Multiplex Funjet, ParkZone Icon A5, Starship Enterprise, HobbyKing Centurian Boat
milehiclub is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Marc B

I fly the EPO 1.4 Spitfire, and it is sweet! Looks like HK is going to be releasing a whole bunch of nice planes in the next while! I'll have to pace myself!
BigBreeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Its not new, it's just new to HK
This is the BH plane, which is full of bugs and 2 disasters to the 2 guys that have flown them a lot here in Canada (me and dangaras) but a beautiful flier once you get it sorted out.
If you get one of these, I strongly recommend if you read the build thread, it discusses a lot of problems we had to overcome:

In spite of the issues, it is one of my favorite planes in my hangar and I have been flying the pants off it!

If you have average flying skills or better and you love P-38's and can make the improvements we discussed on the other thread, I recommend it!
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Marc B

Thanks for the info Max.... You're right, HK does keep copying BH, so I'll be waiting until they get the big 90mmf-16 in stock with retracts!!

Good to know though about the issues you had. I had some issues with my 1.4m servos all around; reinforced horizontal stab with CF rod; battery hatch mod; no spinners will spin true so I think the motor shaft may be bent slightly from factory; aileron linkage mechanism was binding so I had to install direct drive aileron servos and linkage;.....Other than that, it was perfect!!

It does fly great though once it is sorted out.
BigBreeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
RCC Apprentice
I am: Peter G

HK isn't copying BH; the models are all from the same manufacturer, it's just they are sold under the distributor's name such as BlitzRCworks (Banana Hobby), Hobby Lobby, NitroPlanes, etc. Now Hobby King is carrying them.
I also bought the PNP version from BH when they were first released and the airframe itself looks great and is pretty scale. The paint is pretty terrible though. Mine had a lot of over-spray, paint on the canopy, and some areas with very little paint. The paint itself is very tacky to the touch even though it is dry.
However, when you get into the electronics, motors, ESCs, and especially the retracts, here's where you will eventually run into the problems. The servos are junk and the first thing that will go is the front retract servo. The motor mounts are garbage and the motor will eventually work its way loose. And the nightmare will continue....
Once I got all the bugs worked out and changed just about every servo in the plane, it flew great! It is very stable and tracks very well in the air. It also has a high wing loading so landings are a cinch.
My advise is to buy just the airframe and install your own electronics. then you will have a great flying P-38.

Orvis is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.