S-Bach 300 30cc Peak Model - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #61
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41
Re: S-Bach 300 30cc Peak Model

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Brad: I am up to 15 flights on my DLE 30 cc - rear carb - (Pilot R/C Yak 54). Use an Xoar 19X8 and am quite happy with the performance. I use Shell 92 Octane gas with Red Line Oil at 30 to 1 as recommended by DLE. I am still getting quite a bid of carbon from the exhaust which coats the underside of my plane and the horizontal stab on the muffler side. Are you having a similar problem? What oil are you using and are you at 30 to 1? Would appreciate your thoughts on this problem.
I am just running shell regular ( 87 octane I think ) Right now i am using a mineral based oil form Canadian Tire. Their own branded oil for 2 stroke air cooled. Not sure who the manufacturer is.
It seems to work quite well. I am at 32:1. I will be switching to Redline once I get through some more fuel. I plan on leaving it at 32:1, even after I switch.
I only have half a gallon now and half a gallon to go to empty my container. I might switch to the synthetic once this gallon is done.
At 6 ozs per flight this little 30 will have more run time on it than a 50 cc after 2 gallons.
As for cleanliness. i have some spotting under the plane, nothing major, nothing that I worry about cleaning until after a couple trips to the field.
How are your needles set ? If you are a bit rich there will be more mess.
I am tuned so there is no fade on a long upline ( pretty much peak I guess )
The low needle is really sensitive. A breath in either direction effects whether it gurgles or bogs. I hope the low needle settles down abit after some more use.
Then again, this time of year is hard. Temperature and humidity changes are drastic from one day to the next. Heck, i have even seen a few days that started off cool at one setting, needed fine adjustments midday as it was nice and warm. And then needed to be readjusted again late in the afternoon when the temperature dropped again.
Let Me Think About It

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
Bdegan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #62
RCC Contributor
I am: John M.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 5
Re: S-Bach 300 30cc Peak Model

Thanks for the input. Hopefully my carbon problem will settle down after a few more flights. They will be next season though as I am putting this plane away for the winter. I kind of pride myself on being a "non-tweaker" although I am bit of whoose - meaning that I don't push anything too hard. Having said that, my DLE30 has tons of power. I have not hovered yet (remember I am whoose) but I feel that when I do, I will have no problem pulling out straight up. (my plane weights 1 pound less than yours) Top end my 19X8 tacks out at 72 to 7400. Enjoyed reading about your plane - thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond. . . Cheers
Ancaster Sport Flyer... "your attitude affects your altitude!"
JohnM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.