Omega 'Pink' Oil Percentage? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #11
Don M.

Total Props: 0
Re: Omega 'Pink' Oil Percentage?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I sure hope they changed their Castor oil. I tried Omega back about 1990 and it made such a mess in my engine that I stopped using Castor oil fuel and have used nothing but Cool Power for 20 years now with 0 engine problems and any that I had to take apart for PM work fell apart on my bench.

As it turns out I haven't flown a glow plane in about 1 1/2 years using only electrons and gasoline and I don't miss the smell I actually have 1 gallon of CP 20/20 left and everytime I think about taking my glow plane to the field to burn it up I realize how much support gear I'm goin' need and the mess I have to clean up afterwards and say ah the H$@L with it. I now carry EVERYTHING I need in my transmitter case and a jug of gas ( if I'm flying gas ) and off I go
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #12
Ken Currell
I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
Anyone else remember buying pints of 'Missle Mist' ?

Take care,
Have fun,
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
Yup! Fox 15 & Missile mist on a Ukie
Ken Currell is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 5

This quote is from the Morgan web site,

"You can add oil if you'd like but it's not necessary. If you do add oil to increase the lubricant ratio for every 1.28 oz you add you will increase the lubricant content by approximatly 1%"

Doesn't that mean to get to 20% oil you need to add 113.5ml or 3.84 ounces of oil?

floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

the more oil you add, the less percentage that amount is adding - since the total volume of fluid in the mix is increasing. That approximate rule of thumb is fine for one or two percent but when you want to increase the volume of oil 4%, its is not enough. Go back and look at my post with the calculations. You need to figure the percentage of olume based on the final volume, not the starting volume (factory jug).
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.