Glorcs open meeting - october 24th, 2010 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 10-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Ryan Mckay

Total Props: 0
Glorcs open meeting - october 24th, 2010

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
TIME: 4:00 PM
WHERE: HARDCORE R/C (753 Highway #6, Flamborough, Ontario)

First things first, Joe Cristiano was kind enough to contact me with an offer to use his building for a GLORCS meeting. I was quick to accept, and want to thank him and also let everyone know that Hardcore RC has no involvement in the running or organizing of this meeting. Joe merely offered me/us a place to hold the meeting, that would be warm and dry. That was very kind of you Joe, thanks!

With so many topics to be discussed, I'd appreciate everyone's cooperation in keeping things moving smoothly. Our time will be better served dealing with current and future topics, as opposed to past issues. We are all grown-ups, so you know what I mean. Please...Please...Please...let's keep the conversation flowing and constructive.

I am starting a 'topics list' here. Between now and the time of the meeting, I will continue to add topics to this list. Please share the things you thing we need to discuss. I obviously intend to create an itinerary for the meeting, and intend to stick to it.

Best 4 of 7 or 5 of 7?
Should there be a final or just 7 races alone?
Rocket rounds or qualifying points?
Introducing new racers to the series?
Classes run
Marshaling procedures
Registration Fees
Expectations of tracks
Advertising campaigns
Trophies and awards

I have taken on an incredibly large amount of responsibility by taking over the series, and I want everyone that's reading this to know that your my friends. In fact, that's the ONLY reason I'm doing it.

Apart from the existing GLORCS procedures, rules, and overall operation, I have no experience running a race series. Please bare that in mind moving forward, and know that I am working very hard to learn as quickly as I can. There may be hick-ups along the way, but with your patience and understanding, we will get through them and build something amazing!

I could sure use your input and support everyone. I hope to see you there!
BarnYard is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
RCC Noob
I am: Kevin Taylor

Total Props: 0
Re: Glorcs open meeting - october 24th, 2010

Everyone's welcome and encouraged to join the meeting. Hope to see you there!
Kevin Taylor
Team Durango
Team Great Hobbies
BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.