Camera Parachute drop! Caution. Dangerous! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #21

Total Props: 57
Re: Camera Parachute drop! Caution. Dangerous!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra260boy View Post
Seeing as not everyone lives near a MAAC field or has the funds to support the membership fees required for MAAC and the field they would fly at. Maybe you should cut them some slack.
I can see that they know how to fly, and I'd bet your driving skills break many actual laws that is more dangerous than a toy foam plane.
Well, they're in Calgary, I know there are more than a couple MAAC fields in Calgary.
Why would I cut them some slack? What if traffic was moving and their camera hit a windshield or caused an accident? They would NOT be covered by any insurance, at that point MAAC membership/insurance and flying at a MAAC field would be cheap.
I knew the armchair cowboys would come out on this one. Flying in a public park is stupid, plain and simple. Remember the girl who got hit by the helicopter in Florida by guys who "could fly" and ended up hospitalized? Flying anywhere the public does not expect RC modeling to be happening is putting others at risk, plain and simple. Dropping anything from an RC model over a populated area is stupid, plain and simple.
Common sense SHOULD prevail, it's to bad common sense is so uncommon these days.
That's all I have to say about it, but I would almost guarantee that flying at MAAC or AMA, or any properly set up, located, and run RC field will not be the demise of this hobby, it will be crap like this that one day will seriously affect what we can and can't do in this hobby.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #22
Tmaxx4ever
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 1

You're such an $#% LGM. If they don't want to be covered by MAAC, let them be. It's not mandatory, and it's not your place to tell them what to do. I'm sure you've broken a few bylaws. They were flying a PARK FLYER! Go crash someone elses party

Fun police make everything suck for the rest of us. Stay inside, in the safety and security of your home, nothing can happen to you there.

Last edited by mark_; 10-13-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Tmaxx4ever is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #23
Sven T Johnson aka Ice Dragon
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Sven J
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM Graphix View Post
Well, they're in Calgary, I know there are more than a couple MAAC fields in Calgary.
Why would I cut them some slack? What if traffic was moving and their camera hit a windshield or caused an accident? They would NOT be covered by any insurance, at that point MAAC membership/insurance and flying at a MAAC field would be cheap.
I knew the armchair cowboys would come out on this one. Flying in a public park is stupid, plain and simple. Remember the girl who got hit by the helicopter in Florida by guys who "could fly" and ended up hospitalized? Flying anywhere the public does not expect RC modeling to be happening is putting others at risk, plain and simple. Dropping anything from an RC model over a populated area is stupid, plain and simple.
Common sense SHOULD prevail, it's to bad common sense is so uncommon these days.
That's all I have to say about it, but I would almost guarantee that flying at MAAC or AMA, or any properly set up, located, and run RC field will not be the demise of this hobby, it will be crap like this that one day will seriously affect what we can and can't do in this hobby.
If anything happened to a car, which is very unlikely as it came down slow, but lets say it broke a windshield. I'm sure the guys would have paid for its replacement.
And lets just say for shits and giggles that the guys from florida were flying at a registered field. ---- happens and so do accidents. nothing can be done to undo that accident, and the ONLY benefit they would have had was that someone else was gonna pay the doctors bill. She still would have been injured.

We can go on all day talking about what if's and get no where. So do everyone a favor and shut that cake hole of yours and let people have their fun. You can't do anything about it and if you could you would go about it another way.

I've asked a mod to delete this thread

Last edited by Sven T Johnson aka Ice Dragon; 10-13-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Sven T Johnson aka Ice Dragon is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #24

Total Props: 57

Screw it, arguing with idiots is just not worth it........
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #25
DV8ion
RCC Apprentice

I am: Josh W
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0

+1
Those Florida idiots also were flying very close to that girl on purpose, and ran away after the fact, so yes indeed they are real dumb asses. Like Extraboy said we can all argue till we are blue in the face and get nowhere, cause its always two sides to an opinion. I see nothing wrong with "Park flying" as long as you are smart about it, don't do it when there are 4 family reunions and a dog party going on (i.e lots of people). I fly on a private 150 acre farm and the odd time a cricket field near by. Just be smart and responsible for your actions. Later keyboard jockey See you in the air sometime.
DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #26
Kopter
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: kopter

Total Props: 3

The fun police strike again!

What I want to see is the chute deploy and stay attached to the plane at speed. Now that'd be way cool. And don't worry about the wankers we all liked it. I wonder how we could deploy and light firecrackers or a smoke bomb under the chute?

kopter
Kopter is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #27
mark_
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mark
Radio of choice:
DX6i
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

Ok...that's enough. Just when I thought this thread had cooled down. One gentleman expressed an opinion and was slammed for it. Since then he has been quiet and the thread degenerates to name calling. I think that everyone has had a chance to say their piece.
Closed Thread

Tags
crash , drop , onboard , smash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in