rebuilding firewall/motor box - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
I am: Bob S
Radio of choice:
Eclipse 7 (con. to 2.4 GHZ)
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Re: rebuilding firewall/motor box

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Cougar429 View Post
When I was in Aviation we were able to get it from an aircraft supply house. We are luckier now that Aircraft Spruce has a Canadian distributor. Here is the reference:
Good plan. I buy my two stroke oil from them. Will add "Flox" to my inventory.

R.Sonnel is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Jean B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 0

Epoxy is the way to go and mixing it with Flox increases bond although is also increases cure time. I use Aerosil all the time. It probably is Flox by another name. Microballoon is spheric in structure but Aerosil is structured like micro hooks like velcro. These micro kooks interlock with each other increasing strength without adding weight. It also serves as a filler where resistance may be needed. It is a little harder to sand than mictro balloon. I also use it where I need to turn my epoxy mixture into a paste to control free flow after application. Aerosil adds volume and reduces the amount of epoxy needed.

Several years ago I bought a large bag of this stuff and used very little to date. I have some for the next 950 years. Although a little expensive for the large bag (over $100.00) If some are interested in a little supply for R/C use that should last you for the next 35 years just send me a PM. For a small share of the purchase costs and, of course, shipping I'll package it it a medium size baggie and ship. Just remember that in Canada, shipping is often more costly than the product itself....Canada Post measuring tape treatment.
Gelcoat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
Tex Gehman
RCC Contributor
I am: Clarke
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7 and Spectrum DX8
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 1

Long ago I had some difficulty getting 30 min Epoxy to cure when making repairs to joints that had originally been mated with other than 30 minute. I've since made it a rule to go "down a notch" when doing repairs. Build with 30 repair with 12 or 5. Has anyone else noticed this? Tex.
Slime is Crime. 176 blood donations and rising! Five more years to make 200. Retired from 15 years delivering Meals on Wheels [more than 11,000].
Tex Gehman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.