glueing coroplast - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
S.P.A.D.s Discuss SPADS

Old 03-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: John G

Total Props: 2
Re: glueing coroplast

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guys,
Been building and designing ww2 combat planes for awhile and I use Med CA all the time.
Like Bob R. above said, plus.... Use kicker, it heats up and bonds well.

I have tried different types of glues. The best for coroplast was Flash but no longer....
If you can get it, it's called Parfix 200, same as Flash, same bottle, same label on the back.

If you are in toledo there is a guy in the corner that sells it, If you want some and can not go there, let me know by April 1 and I would happy to buy it for you and ship ( just pay for the glue and shipping only). Email at

The next best is Great Planes and Hobby king glue. Zap is crap for gluing coroplast.

I should know about using CA on coroplast, lost track about 30+ planes.

Another tip.... sometimes too much CA is worse!

Bring it on!!! If your man enough....
johnnyg is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 AM   #12
Captain Morgan
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Morgan Pickering
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 16

Total Props: 0

Keeping it really simple a glue gun in areas where no tricky fitting is required because of dry time works great. I just built a 3D something or other with Park 35 and 40A esc HXT 900 servos and have aprox ten flights with no signs of anything letting go. Did not even bother cleaning joint areas! I used l real estate signs from a friend...
Captain Morgan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: alanf
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50

Total Props: 5

I would tend to believe Johnny G. He has probably sold more coro kits than anyone. I just thought I would say I got a couple of corro combats that look like contact cement was used, and both of them had the trailing edge separating probably from fuel and old age. I know most planes don't get that old. I tried cyano after cleaning with acetone and it didn't hold, so I used Nano (polyurethane) and it is good. I know for cars and painting it is always grease and wax remover before sanding. I tried a sample with grease and wax remover, scotchbright, and a woodpecker to be the best on a couple of trials with a polyethylene foam. I scraped with a credit card to keep the weight down as it foams up anyway to fill the voids. I have heard of using a heavy duty stapler here and there too just to be sure. I have a box stapler that I haven't tried yet!!? There is also a guy called XJET that had been using a hot glue gun after a good cleanig for 90 degree and butt joints with some success. I tried a sample and it was good. It needs a high setting with a good gun, and keep the tip touching the plastic for more heat. The gun works great on low setting for foam too.
aspeed is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Alex P
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 2

Yes Ca is fine to use. long time Coro builder and pilot. best gluing but strechy is goop it would be best for sure but for combat planes and cold weather ca is fine. I can say i never had joints come loose on a 100 mph combat plane tumbling across the ground on open throttle with ca.
Fly em and crash em.
Midairplarina is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
RCC Contributor
I am: alanf
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50

Total Props: 5

I was just wondering if the clear or purple PVC plumbing glue might work after a good cleaning with acetone, primer or whatever. I have been wanting to try it for a while, but never use the white pipe anywhere in the house. I don't want to buy any glue for something that may not work. I think it dissolves the plastic a bit, and they are similar materials. I tried a test with hot glue that seems ok. Any plumbers out there that want to experiment with the PVC glue?
aspeed is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

I noticed nobody mentioned canopy glue, has anyone tried it?

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #17
ron kyle
RCC Noob
I am: ron k
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

hi guys im building a 96 inch coro cub and i have used hot glue after scuffing with 80 grit
ron kyle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
Ralph Day
RCC Apprentice
I am: Ralph D
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Hi Ron
Are you making that 96 inch span one wing or a joined in the middle type? I've been wondering how to make a large span wing, 96 maybe, but was unsure of how to make a 2 piece wing with coroplast and spars construction. Anyone done this?

Ralph Day is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.