Problem with My RC10GT2's AE. 15 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss nitro RC vehicles

Old 12-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #1

Total Props: 0
Problem with My RC10GT2's AE. 15

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys...

I'm just recently getting back into the hobby after about 15 years when I had my original RC10GT.

Anyways, I decided to get back into it, and saw that Associated now has an RC10GT2.

Anyways, I bought the RTR kit which is fantastic... Fantastic to the point where I can't get the engine started.

No matter what I do, I can't get the fuel to flow from the tank through to the carb. Right out of the box, nothing. I re-tuned the needles to factory spec, and still nothing. Keep in mind this is a pull start motor, and I'll pull on the starter 5 or 6 times, and you can just barely see the fuel coming out of the tank and maybe getting a 1/4" up the tube, and just falling back in.

The only things that seem to draw fuel through the tube is to plug the exhaust or carb completely to create suction.

Anyone have any ideas. I don't remember it being this hard...
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
seagull extra
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jarrod Leis

Re: Problem with My RC10GT2's AE. 15

Take the main needle out and make sure there isn't any blockage there. One way I like to check the carb is to blow into the fuel line and modulate the throtle. You should be able to feel the effect of turning the needle when blowing in the fuel line.
seagull extra is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
savage guy
RCC Noob
I am: Shane
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

i would need a vid or next time i go to hamilton i could give u a hand
in my garage hotbodies d8t, hpi savage xl picco powered, traxxas 4 tec, sportwerks turmoil(4 sale), losi mini t, hpi rs4, and a few others
savage guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
RCC Apprentice

If the fuel isn't moving, check the bottom of the tank (the port where the fuel comes out) for flow. Not sure about your AE, but my HPI tank comes out with two screws. If the fuel flows out strong, and fuel is pushed when you block the exhaust, pull your carb and check that there is a rubber O-ring on the bottom side.

This next part is really rare stuff that I have come across or experienced.

- Check to make sure your engine is spinning the right way. I have found one ways in pull starts that are the wrong ones, and spin the motor the wrong way.

- Pull your glow plug and pull the motor over with your finger over the glow hole. Make sure there is compression. Your finger should be forced away from the hole.

- Pull your header/muffler off and spin the motor over. Make sure you can see the piston traveling up and down, inside the sleeve. Pulling the glow plug will help make this easier. I have experienced a spun sleeve, from factory, from OS.
Busy is defined as your wife won't let you come out to play!!

Take the Dog approach

If you can't eat it or hump it,
P*ss on it and walk away
JamesP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
RCC Noob
I am: Philip W
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 4

Alberta Re: Problem with My RC10GT2's AE. 15

I was just reading this and was wondering if you have the fuel tubing from the pipe to the tank to create positive pressure in the tank to push the fuel to the engine? Also is there a nipple on the pipe or just a hole like on the original rc10gt? That can cause problems if there is a hole and it isn't sealed or the nipple is loose or not tightened. Have you checked your fuel lines for holes or tears, if they do replace as needed. I found some of the kits that supplied fuel tubing were thin and unreliable and replaced before running my buggy or truggy. I hope this helps always try the simplest most over looked problems before looking for the expensive ones, it could save you some money that could be spent on better tires.

Philip Webb
madac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.