Need some help picking a Sailplane - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Sailplanes / Electro-gliders Discuss quiet flight in Canada.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #51
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Curtis H
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 53
Re: Need some help picking a Sailplane

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by What Tree View Post
Yup Curt, that must have been an issue in the past. Now they come with 4 pieces of adhesive tape to keep the rudder in place. Jeesh you would think tape was worth it's weight in gold, the cheap buggers!

There was also an extra piece of paper about an ESC Notice which says:

For your convenience, the Voltage cutoff for the E-flite 30A Pro SB Brushless ESC has been presey to the 3-cell low voltage cutoff to match up with the 3S LiPo battery included with this plane. No programming change will be necessary. Normal default setting for this ESC is 74% cutoff.

Whatever that means.

There is also a bind plug thingy. I haven't got a clue, and NO mention of it in the included reading material! I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe brain cells?????
Maybe this will help you figure out the bind process.

Buy a roll of Scotch tape and leave it with the Radian.... you will need it anytime you take the plane apart for transport and then reassemble.

Don't worry about the ESC for now, it is all factory preset to monitor the voltage of the 3S lipo so it doesn't run to far. It will cut the power to the motor so there will still be enough power to run the servos.

You can fly Hitec or use the other "low tech" stuff!!

Forum Rules Link
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #52
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: Need some help picking a Sailplane

Well, I pondered on the "what to do" with decals to make sure I had a chance at keeping track of the orientation of the Radian. While I was at it I used packing tape to winterize it to. Here is what I ended up with:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1387 (Medium).JPG
Views:	41
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	96977   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1388 (Medium).JPG
Views:	40
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	96978   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1389 (Medium).JPG
Views:	45
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	96979   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1390 (Medium).JPG
Views:	43
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	96980  

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.