General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 01-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Sven T Johnson aka Ice Dragon
I am: Sven J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 0
TF Giant P51 Retracts

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have been slowly building the kit version of the TF P-51D Mustang but at the moment do not have the money for the retracts. Can the plane be built without the retracts and once its all done install them? Or is it a must to have them to drill any necessary holes prior to gluing?

This has been posted in the General, Giant and building forums so that I can get a quick answer in case not everyone looks at the building forum alone.
Sven T Johnson aka Ice Dragon is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice
I am: John D
Radio of choice:
Aurora 9
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 0
Re: TF Giant P51 Retracts

I think it could be done, make a plate resembling the retract hole size etc and then install a oleo strut or for the time being use large wire and install the gear doors.

thedeuce is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.