engine losses power into wind. - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Dan C
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: engine losses power into wind.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Kidknapp View Post
I had an evolution engine that had the same problem. Throttle FULLY closed and trimmed ALL the way down and would not quit! It was the carb base o-ring leaking.

This engine started with running great but would die after 5 sec. of full throttle. then die after 1/2 tank. everthing pointed to too lean but kept richening till raw fuel was pumping through to exhaust. after putting tin foil around engine and hot glow plug it still seemed to run lean when the nose was down and engine was running 30 to 40 degrees colder than recommended. now the into the wind thing. Changed all the o-rings and gaskets tonight. and now just gotta get a fuel line bolt as i snapped one of. got the threads out of the carb though. gonna fix that and get somone to help me adjust the high and low and hopefully Problems solved. Anyways. Will be at least a week before I get time off to test it. will let you all know if this worked. Thanks for all the suggestions.
d_charters is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
RCC Contributor
I am: Michael A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 4

Now.......... If it still doesn't work, stop wasting your time and buy an OS Engine
JETMIKE007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: Michael A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 4

Hay look! One for sell right NOW on RCC

JETMIKE007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

Get a short piece of fuel line and connect it to the fuel intake on the carb. Open the throttle. Blow through the fuel line and back the main needle until it does not restrict the fuel flow. Now close the the needle slowly until it restricts about half ht e flow of air. Put a "T" pin in the intake and close the throttle on it. Now blow in the tubing and adjust the low speed needle until you can just barely blow through it. If it has an air bleed low speed port, adjust it so the screw covers about half of the hole. Re-connect the main fuel line. Start the engine and adjust the high speed ( make sure the throttle goes wide open). Peak the engine then open the needle until it looses 300 RPM, USE A TACH. To adjust the low speed you will need a tach and a pair of needle nose pliers. Set the idle for about 2500 RPM wait 30 seconds and pinch the main fuel line. If the engine RPM raises a little then dies it is just right. If it just dies it is too lean. If the RPM raises a lot before it dies it is too rich. On the low speed needle in is leaner. On the air bleed screw it works the other way, in is richer.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.