Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Gary Arthur
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 17

Total Props: 6
Re: Wjm

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Pauld View Post
LOP = Letter of Proficiency

This letter is granted by the MAAC committee chairman to MAAC pilots who wish to travel to the US and fly at AMA fields without an AMA turbine wiaver. MAAC has an agreement from AMA that they will accept the LOP as an equivalent to an AMA turbine waiver.

If you have no intentions of flying in the US, you do not need an LOP, however, the existing process has lots of flaws that need to be corrected and this is being done.

I should have known that. Guess I had a brain dead moment. I have my LOP. Will this change in the future?
JPO 2011 Member
KAPTAN KAOS is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Kevin f
Radio of choice:
dx18 all the way

Total Props: 8

with all due respect to the starter of this thread it is broke and needs to be fixed maybe Kelly should start a new thread after the new lop is voted on

my question still stands though is this 100.00 donation a personal or a team effort?
Maac 18218-L ,
Ridge Flyers,MAAC Jet Committee
2 ltr club Founder
Sebart Blanik 3.2m,Mythos 125e SAB GOBLIN URUKAY,MA XLPRO2K
kev-o is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #13
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Alan B
Radio of choice:
JR and Futaba
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 3

I think that I got an anwer from our local MAAC zone director if there is funding from MAAC to attend the WJM. Sounds like the short answer is no. Unless the WJM is an FAI event it does not qualify. From looking on the FAI website I don't see anything that it is. Again please correct me if I am wrong. I don't know if the International Jet Model Committee has any wishes to go this route, but if they did make it an FAI event then this would qualfy for funding from MAAC.

MAAC Jet Committee Member
MAAC 21353
High River RC Jet Club
MAAC Jet Committee Member
MAAC 21353
JPO member
akb is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
Kelly W
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Kelly W
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 5

Hey guys, I will commit to a summary thread when its time to do it, no question. Publishing any detail now would circumvent the committee by effectively making it a public discussion. That being said, I have a few misconceptions to quickly clear up.

In its core, what will be presented to the committee in the next week or two is not vastly different than what the program was in the beginning. The biggest difference is that I intend to drive a solution that actually results in information being available for pilots to see. Try looking for the information now, and you’ll see the 1st problem with today’s process… There’s no list of requirements for pilots, no list of what to ask for from the chair’s perspective (on behalf of MAAC), no list of who can qualify a pilot, and there is no list of what MAAC memberships are associated with LOP’s, etc. For a program that results in liability coverage, this is far from ideal… I’ve also taken the feedback and tried to address a number of subjective points and ‘what-if’ scenarios presented. One quick example, a pilot lives in a remote area with no committee representation or nearby jet rallies, but he/she wants apply. So, how does he/she do it…?

This was initially summarized to all MAAC jet committee members in detail last summer. I presented it with a number of options, the first of which was to ‘do nothing’. No one responded with the option to do nothing about it, and the written or verbal responses were unanimous in favor of investigating further in a very specific direction. Based on this, I escalated it and also gained the support of the MAAC executive.

So… Knowing the risks of prematurely publishing info, I pointed out a few small details in this thread as it’s been asked before and a response seemed warranted here. I can’t say anything definitively other than to say I would never knowingly suggest a motion that would place any risk on a pilot's wish to compete in a WJM, particularly this one given the proximity. That’s the reason for wanting complete the task ASAP, in case there are non registered pilots wanting to be part of it. Please take that for what it’s worth.

Last note, To be clear, The chairman can not impose any rules. My role is to suggest items that may be in the best interest of Canadian jet modelers, research them, suggest alternatives, and facilitate completion of any actions in the committee. I do not get a vote unless I’m needed as a tie breaker. Every jet committee member should know this.

I will apologize for one thing. I’m a little over a month late on my original estimate. As I said before, my work’s been a tad crazy. This is a volunteer position with few applicants, so I’m doing my best and regret the delay. I do appreciate the feedback received and the patience, but would ask that everyone try not to worry about it. My goal is to solidify this, but in a way that does not become a burden for anyone (maybe with the exception of the chairman…)

As before, if you have any questions, please PM me and I will make sure they are all answered at the appropriate time. If you have any related concerns / suggestions to pass on but no committee member locally, please also feel free to contact me directly. Otherwise, to the current team members, good luck with the funding situation and please let me know if I’m needed somehow.

Kelly Williams - 59082L
MAAC Jet Committee Chairman
JPO Member , 2L club member
Kelly W is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.