Hobby King...Hobby what? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 02-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
RCC Contributor
I am: Andrew

Total Props: 3
Re: Hobby King...Hobby what?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Wow, people are so quick to badmouth a company, it takes a few days to process at Hobby King, sometimes its a few hours you never know. I have 26 orders to date The only problem I had was they forgot to charge me once and shipped me the package! Don't loose your patence it will be shipped and if you used paypal you can get your money back anyways. Shipping is actually pretty reasonable if you maximize your shipping weight. Hobby king has allowed me to enjoy and discover other parts of this hobby that I otherwise would have never tried like 450 size helicopters for $27. Hobby King is so good it's actually addictive. As you expand your r/c needs you require all sorts of bits and sometimes they are out of stock so you put it in your wish list. Than the part comes in and you order a bunch of other stuff, all because its so inexpensive, I love it! I have a constant flow of things coming in from Hobby King its like Christmas all year!
tech8 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #22
Muskoka's SuperClodBuster

Total Props: 0

I only deal with www.greathobbies.com so I can't really say anything. But they do ship out of Edmonton. On a side note my wife avoids sending a big family care packages via Canadapost, I simply don't trust Canapost myself.
she has someone from Toronto to come pick up a big box when ever he is in this area and she only pays $100.00 for it to be shipped overseas via cargo ship. When Canapost say's it will take three to five business day via expresspost to Vagas, forget it their lying, It took nearly three weeks for my wife friend to receive a jacket in the mail and I was getting pretty ticked off. Whats the point in spending extra money when in honestly Canapost doe's not and won't ship it any faster with expresspost in the first place. So whats the point in having expresspost? mine as well ship the package out by regular airmail with insurance if it's going to take the same time frame for shipping. I think Canapost is corrupted in regards in not living up to their services in pure honesty, they get extra money out of you by coning in telling you that the package will be there in 3 or 4 days for your friend if you pay this amount.
But at the end it took four weeks for it to arrive.

Anyhow I hope your package arrives safely

Last edited by Muskoka's SuperClodBuster; 02-25-2011 at 08:27 PM.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #23
RCC Noob
I am: Mike W

I've never had a problem with Canada Post, not once. Packages arrive quickly or within the time they should, never lost. The only issue I run into when dealing with mail order (dozens of shipments a year) is the time it takes to cross the border is not commensurate with the value of my shipments. Take the border out of the picture and I'm a happy camper.

I also try to source things from a LHS too, and if the price delta isn't too great and stock is available, or the shop is reliable in getting items on order and in the store quickly, I sure don't mind paying a little premium.

But while I do like to support local shops on a regular basis I am reminded why I mail order in the first place. Recently I bought something from a LHS which I could easily have saved 55% by choosing to purchase from a mail order supplier rather than the LHS for what should have been a $29 dollar item, and I'm not talking about having to order from Hong Kong but from another Canadian retailer like Hobby Wholesale or Great Hobbies. Given these are retailers as well, that 50% price delta looks pretty bad. Now I recognize that I made a choice - I wanted that particular item and wanted it then and not a week from now - it is on me for paying up even though my better sense said don't do it! Yet despite recognizing my own culpability in being separated from more of my hard earned funds than I should have been, will I frequent that shop a little less? Probably.

Originally Posted by moo moo View Post
Anything else I missed?
If it has to cross a border, be patient!
MikeW is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #24
Muskoka's SuperClodBuster

Okay I'll go in a hospital and be a Patient and have Patients while waiting for my turn lol
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
RCC Noob
I am: Benjamin
Radio of choice:
Tactic TTx 850
# of RCs: 4

helpsalot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #26
RCC Noob
I am: Greg M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX3
# of RCs: 4

I have ordered from HK 5 times with no problems.. I do hate how it takes them days to put the order together for shipping,, but I expect and deal with that for the AWESOME prices..
I bought a 200mAh 2S lipo at my LHS. it was $19.99 plus 15% tax... HK 180mAh lipo is $1.71 and their 350mAh 2S lipos are $2.76.. I always get a few buddies in on an order. We fill a 2KG box and pay the $33.95 shipping. Split up 3 ways, makes the shipping seem pretty cheap.
my experience with HK is all smiles and giggles.
madkawi750 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
RCC Apprentice
I am: Joe G
# of RCs: 3

I made my 1st order at HK for a couple turnigy nanotech lipos. I placed the order on Jan 19th, received confirmation that it was shipped on Jan 30th, and the package arrived at my door yesterday, Feb 14th. So that's just under 4 weeks from time of order.

I thought it was strange that it took them over a week to ship it since they say next day shipping. I read somewhere though that they literally shut down during the Chinese New Year celebrations.

All in all though, it wasn't that long considering it came all the way from Hong Kong.
JG20 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #28
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1

^^ Bingo, the country basically shuts down for their new year (just finishing up now). There's even messages/disclaimers all over their site informing people there will be delays in orders getting processed/shipped.
Pico Tiger Moth | Formosa | PZ Extra 300 | Sbach AS3X | UMX Habu | um P51 | UMX AS3Xtra | mCPX | Phantom 3 Pro | Blade nano qx FPV | Indy 250 FPV Racer | XXT | 22T | TT-01D M3
wparsons is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
RCC Noob
I am: Get R
# of RCs: 10+

Thirteen orders over the past three years, satisfied customer at Hobbyking.

These are the expectations I set. Usual variance is +-2 weeks:

I allocate seven days for the items to ship from HK, two days to make it to vancouver. 14 days to sit in customs in vancouver, and a 3-5 days for canada post to deliver to my doorstep.

The way I figure it, I'm losing 9 days in HK and 17-19 days in Canada on average.

Allow 2-3 week backlog to occur around chinese new year, bad time to buy. Horrible time to buy if you enjoy bugging customer service reps (they won't be there and you will likely get super choked).
mrgiggles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #30
RCC Apprentice
I am: SP
Radio of choice:

I am satisfied with HK products but Canadian shipping from their US Warehouse is terrible. $30 for two lipos is just too expensive.
Stampede 4x4 | Savage XS | RC8Be | nTC3
spena is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.