106” Span (36%) ARF ‘Katana’ Aerobatic Model (Price Reduced) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Terrence Allen
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Terrence Allen
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 0
106” Span (36%) ARF ‘Katana’ Aerobatic Model (Price Reduced)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
• As manufactured by World Models and distributed in North America by Airborne Models
• Powered by Fuji Imac model ‘BT-86EI’ horizontally-opposed twin currently swinging a 24/10 wood prop.
• “EI” in model designation refers to ‘electronic ignition’ whose function is to advance or retard the ignition timing to optimize starting ease without compromising on optimal timing for top end performance.
• Access to the manually-operated choke (as well as the high and low speed needles) is through the lower front of the cowl
• Nine servos total on board…four aileron servos and two elevator servos are Futaba model ‘S9451’ and the two rudder units are Hitec model ‘HS-5945MG’. All are high speed, high torque units with digital amplifiers supplying power to coreless motors driving dual ball bearing-supported, all metal gear trains
• Ninth, on the throttle, is analogue ball bearing Futaba model ‘S3008’
• Fibre optic servo extensions used on the two outboard aileron servos, the four mounted in the tail grouping plus one more for the throttle servo
• Four aileron servos are connected also through a Futaba four channel servo synchronizer for ease of adjusting.
• Power for all on-board avionics (including the engine ignition module) is supplied by a pair of 2s1p, 2200MaH lithium polymer packs. A pair of 8 amp, switching regulators are incorporated for redundancy (diode-isolated from each other) and switched with shorting plugs to eliminate the need for external switches
• LED’s, visible while flying through externally-mounted lenses, flash different colours should the supply voltage of either pack fall to a critical level. The only externally-mounted switch serves the ignition module. Please note that this redundant power supply system was installed after the pictures were taken and so does not appear in any
• Fueling is through a Great Planes gas ‘Easy Fueler Valve’
• Model has been flown one single flight…rock solid in the air as one would expect from such a model… purpose-designed and built for precision aerobatics
• All ready for the upcoming flying season…just install your receiver, fuel, fire and fly it
• Over $2500. invested originally
• Price reduced to almost half that amount for quick sale at $1399.
I am listing several prepared r/c models on this site suggesting sell prices that I feel are fair. If the interest is sincere, I will negotiate fairly such that both parties come away feeling they’ve been treated that way. Realistically, I know I can not expect to recover anywhere near the original cash outlay. I will try to respond to all enquiries in a timely fashion.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P4.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	100247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P6.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	100248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P12.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	100249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana P16.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	100250  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.