Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Tom D
Radio of choice:
spectrum dx7
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Clearview flight sim

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi everyone my first post !!!! Great site and great to be Canadian EH !
Yes im a newbee to rc heli and lovin it. Im looking into a good sim, i have the Dynam flight sim remote with the free fms. Just the other day i found Clearview sim , had the trial version and it was Sweeeet compared to the free stuff.
Ok my question is can it compare to realfligt or pheonix since i havent tried them. Note Cv @ 40 bucks is i think a great deal, just wanted some experienced opinions !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh it comes with all free upgrades from what i read. I only have a stock remote from my Blade sr and looking to purchase a dx 7 or 8 in the near future when i get better !
thanasi is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Kermit
Radio of choice:
Specktrum Dx7 DSM2
# of RCs: 5

Re: Clearview flight sim

I've had the Phoenix sim for 2 years and love it. It also was a plus cause it worked with my DX7 radio and I can do all sorts of trimming. With Phoenix you get free updates/upgrades every time you play it. Not sure if Clearview does that? Clearview looks great and the price is excellent. Just different models and flying areas from the Phoenix sim. For 40 buck you can't go wrong. Give it a try and let us know. Cheers...
Kermit Canam MAAC #8810
ParkZone F27Q Stryker, Parkzone BF-109, EFilte Simitar, Sonic 185 Glider, Multiplex Funjet, ParkZone Icon A5, Starship Enterprise, HobbyKing Centurian Boat
milehiclub is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
RCC Contributor
Radio of choice:
spectrum dx7

Thumbs up Re: Clearview flight sim

Well i did the download and bought the Lic for the sim, im very impressed note
i cant compare to the other 2 popular sims since i have not tried them but for the money you cant go wrong.
For others to know Im using the Dynam 6ch usb remote (inexpensive) and works great with this prog so far.
Great selection of planes,helis and fields. I did get it for Heli training and I will be spending many hours in front of my laptop.
Yes comes with free upgrades lifetime
Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 3

Giasou Thanasi.

I've never tried the Clearview but, I can say Phoenix is considerably more accurate for heli's than RealFlight.

Have fun.

Hespeler Model Aviators

This is my helicopter. There are many like it but, this one is mine.
MarkToo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
RCC Contributor
Radio of choice:
spectrum dx7

Ela Mark, Just got started in this hobby of our's on top of all other hobbys we have !! 1 day i will own a sweet heli like yours.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
RCC Noob
I am: Terry P.
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2

I just got into this hobby. I picked up Clearview a couple of weeks ago and just today my controller came in. Clearview had my big Chinook in it's library.

For $40 you get the basics and that really is all I need because I'm not into sims other than to get me up on the basics of flying and Clearview does that quite adequately for Heli's and planes. It even has cars for those more grounded. Clearview has a demo version you can get an idea of all the vectors and upgrades it says are free.

I can't really comment on comparing between Sims as I don't have others, but from a beginners point of view this seems to work and if I wanted to get more precision or varied environments then I could see spending the $100 plus money that ones like RealFlight or Phoenix go for.
CanadianFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Arn H
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16

Support seems good as well ..... last summer after having CV for about a year ... i had to do a system reload ... 1 email to Stefan got a response within a day ... account was re-set and I was able to activate CV and its still being used today ..... Code upgrades are free as are new models as they become available within Clearview .... just click on upgrade version / content ....

A real nice feature is that you can fly at your own field .... just follow the instructions if you're ready to put some effort into it (its not a trivial ask) .... Great for new fliers to be able to practice at home and have the same panaroma view as the real field ...
Arn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #8
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: wilf h
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 1

I down loaded clearview se. It's fully functional and free. The catch is you only get one plane. and one airfield. You can add new planes and backgrounds for around 3-4 dollars each. So good deal if you ae only looking for cpl planes. The free plane is a 4 channel trainer.
wilf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
Futaba MZ, Futaba SZ

Total Props: 14

When it comes to customer service Clearview is awesome, Thanks for the support I have received - BRAVO!
Any sim is just that, a sim. For me Clearview is all I require, some good quality stick time. As an added bonus there are quite a few downloadable flying sites and models, free upgrades and lifetime support.

So far as realism goes I can see my more than expensive giant scale models - unbroken.
itizme is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.