Radian Pro HELP! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Sailplanes / Electro-gliders Discuss quiet flight in Canada.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Paul P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 2
Re: Radian Pro HELP!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I also got to maiden a friend's Radian Pro today. Nice glider. Launches well and the motor has enough power to pull it away quite nicely. Even caught a couple of small thermals on one flight. As long as you fly it 'fast' it has a low sink rate and covers ground quite well. The only problem I had is that it got well into the wind on me and I lost orientation. white foam on a white sky is a killer..lol

I would program the ailerons to rudder and that would sharpen the turns up a bit.
I would say this plane is a keeper.
paulbipe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
bob forest
RCC Apprentice
I am: bob f
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: Radian Pro HELP!

I have a Radian Pro, plus 5 other members of the Montreal Radio Control Club. We have been flying them for the past month. One of our members stayed up 22 minutes with his, so they are great in thermals. also they are very fast in a downwind leg, and do an incredible roll. You have to be carefull at high speed dive, as the wing tips will warp and it can get scary to pull out, It will go into a steeper dive. This glider is a great buy, and flies just incredible. We are having a ball with it. Also don't be afraid to fly it in high winds.
Bob Forest
MAAC 4131-L
RC Giant Scale
RC Sail boats
bob forest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
British Columbia Re: Radian Pro HELP!

I pulled out the flap servos, and did a few other weight saving things to lighten her up. Now, given the spring conditions, i fly with a 1300mah batt (35c) One launch to thermal height and cut power for a one hour plus ride (or until i get bored). The lighter ship flys and thermals much better, and i have had no prob with flying with the 1300 to 1100 mah batts.... they come down with juice to spare.
tugboat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.