Ace 4-60 Bipe 20 years in the making - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jim S

Total Props: 0
Re: Ace 4-60 Bipe 20 years in the making

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Neat Idea! I test flew this airplane on Sunday and it is a really nice flyer. very predictable and smooth. Doesn't hold a knife edge indefinitely but also doesn't have any odd coupling. Roll rate is a bit lazy but to be expected with only having ailerons on the lower wing. I will increase control throw and see how that works. Overall a nice everyday flyer. Kinda a shame it's not available anymore.
Gravity always wins!
Rotorcrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 1

The interplane struts are a simple addition.

I used them because my aileron servos were split between one for right wings and one for left wings, as opposed to the plans which suggested one for top and one for bottom wing.

My upper and lower ailerons were connected with pushrods. So the struts ensured no wiggle between the wings and unwanted aileron movement, which could easily lead to control problems.

Also changed it to a two holer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4120Float03.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	104449   Click image for larger version

Name:	4120TakeOff.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	104450  
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #13
steven r
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Steven Ruxton
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 8+

Total Props: 2

Originally Posted by chuebner View Post
I hate connecting interplane struts and N struts also, so when I built my Phaeton 90, I tossed out the wire N struts and made a quick release version using wooden dowls with Robart Hinge point on the bottom, so they will fold down when disconnected, and a Sullivan Quick Ball Joint on the top.... works great and very quick connections.

I have attached a few pics of my setup, not really scale, but quick and functional.
Did your plane have a heart transplant? 2 stroke in the first 3 and 4 stroke at the field?
I've only ever wanted 1 more a time
Second annual WRCFC IMAC contest June 18/16
steven r is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Curtis H
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 53

Originally Posted by steven r View Post
Did your plane have a heart transplant? 2 stroke in the first 3 and 4 stroke at the field?
Yes it sure did... started off with a GMS.76 in it, then went to a Thunder Tiger .91... no power house, but sure sounds nice and flys very scale like! Also from the first pics to the last, the landing gear was changed from the original wire ones to an aluminum front gear and more stripes added to the tail feathers

You can fly Hitec or use the other "low tech" stuff!!

Forum Rules Link
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.