lowering mod on rustler works great heres how - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Cam J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Elec lowering mod on rustler works great heres how

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was told about this mod to lower the front end of my rustler to help keep it down at high speeds and it works awsome Here's how
first thing you do is remove both front shocks next take the springs off by removing both top and bottom spring holders then remove the piston eyelett then take the top caps off ande empty the oil out aat this point you should be able to remove the piston through the top of the shock housing . now I had stock shocks on my rustler VXL so everything I refer to as in sizes and lenths is specifically for these. Now I used silicone air line that I stole off my fish tank but gas tubing would work as well or any other rubber or silicone tubing cut 2 1/2 inch lengths od tubing making sure that they are identical slide them over the shock piston and set aside grab the shock body and fill it about 4/5ths of the way with shock oil I suggest that when you do this you use a heavier oil than what was in there I went with a 47.5 weight and it works great then slide the piston back in make sure you move quickly after putting the oil in cause it starts to leak out right away but you need to add it before you put the piston in to fill the area that is now left empty because of the spacer after the shoc k piston is back in top up the oil and put the cap on just rebuild the spring from here and you will now have a ground height that is way more aggresive for speed runs.

I hope this helps out anyone looking to keep the front end down when really moving.
camjopp is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1
Re: lowering mod on rustler works great heres how

You can also run more pre-load on the rear shocks to limit weight transfer rearwards.
Pico Tiger Moth | Formosa | PZ Extra 300 | Sbach AS3X | UMX Habu | um P51 | UMX AS3Xtra | mCPX | Phantom 3 Pro | Blade nano qx FPV | Indy 250 FPV Racer | XXT | 22T | TT-01D M3
wparsons is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice
I am: Cam J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Re: lowering mod on rustler works great heres how

yeah great Idea thanks w parsons and after looking into it more I am quickly finding out that running weight on the front is pretty much the final solution I have seen lots of you tube stuff from Draven3907 and he really knows his stuff when it comes to the rustler he owns like three of them and has achieved 112 mph in one of them and he says 11 oz in the front with the vileneon and when I go to the monstermamba 2200 kv and the 22.2volt 6s lipo he says 1 pound 5 ounces in the front but we will see
camjopp is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.