Complete Vintage Senior Telemaster 95" ARF with Saito 4 cycle - never flown - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Lorne C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 3
Complete Vintage Senior Telemaster 95" ARF with Saito 4 cycle - never flown

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
OK, I'm never going to get around to flying this thing ...needs a reasonably large field or club. I bought it originally to tow gliders about 12 years ago but never did get around to finishing it, as I had no where to fly it. I installed a few parts and mounted the engine; that's it. It was one of the first ARF and was hand-built at the factory long before off-shore ARFs foam here.

Brand new (well it's old but it's never been run) Saito 4-cycle + quiet baffle muffler (I think it's a .90 as recommended for the upper end of performance). I've added a drop or two of oil every once and while to keep it in as-new condition.

5 new JR 517 BB servos still in boxes, except 1

And older 783 JR computer radio. (needs batteries and the internal model memory battery to be functional ...I'm basically throwing this in ...includes receiver and FM module ...was last used a few years ago and worked then, but I make no promises ...I'm just throwing this in.

There is some hanger rash (torn Monokote on one of the wings ...easy to fix) and you'll need to re-seal some of the Monokote that has come up from the edges. I have all the new hardware, new extra props, spinner as shown, fuel tank, even new tubing.

Was stored in temprature and humidty controlled area and the wood is as new with no warping that I can see.

This is a real nice, slooow, relaxing plane with a little stronger engine for towing if needed.

First $550 takes it all ...this a third of what I had invested, as the ARF version was $699 + tax alone back when I bought it. Oh, the wingspan is 95" two-part.

Pickup only (although I'm tempted to add my FPV system and fly it to your door

I'm in the Thornhill area, just off the 407. email me at lecherry@rogers if you are interested.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: David
Radio of choice:
Tactic TTX650
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 4
Re: Complete Vintage Senior Telemaster 95" ARF with Saito 4 cycle - never flown

as big as that looks in the pic, you could strap yourself to it and fly it where you need to
If you're planning on way-overpowering your plane and "flying like a maniac", you might consider gluing the tail feathers down to avoid flutter.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Gerald B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 5
Re: Complete Vintage Senior Telemaster 95" ARF with Saito 4 cycle - never flown

this brings back memories. One of the guys at the club when i learned to fly 20 years ago had one... umm i mean the other guy in the club..

we would burn a tank of fuel to get as much altitude as we could in 8-10 minutes and then glide for another half hour or so until eyes got tired... and then do the "within antenna length" deadstick landing (if you couldnt touch the airplane with the antenna when it stopped, it was too far away....)... ahh the things you could only do with 72mhz....
MAAC# 35271
Closed Thread