Rio EP Offshore Superboat - Good boat for begginers? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Boat Discussion Discuss RC Boats, submarines & hovercrafts in electric or nitro.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Saskatchewan Rio EP Offshore Superboat - Good boat for begginers?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well my son and myself love our R/Cs so we figure its time to try something different, and boats seem the way to go, after doing some reading on here i have heard good things about the Aquacraft line, I really like my Traxxas R/Cs but don't care for the boats...(price) lol
So i think we have decided on going with the Rio EP Offshore Superboat AQUB1800, looks good, gets good reviews and has 2.4ghz included, just need batteries, (was hoping we would be able to use our existing 1600 Dynamite packs from our 1/16th Summits) not!, lol
Is this a good beginners boat? a stable boat? what kind of run time do they get ?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited by austenator; 05-08-2011 at 01:22 PM.
austenator is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-6G
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 6
Re: Rio EP Offshore Superboat - Good boat for begginers?

Yes, the price is good....but you are only getting a brushed 550 Mabuchi motor. This will
wear out in time. Brushless with bearings is the way to go.
If you need a spare motor, I have a new 550 here ....let me know.
cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.