Old 05-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Evan R
Radio of choice:
The one that came with the plane :S
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Re: Canada Post Strike!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It is official May 25, no more mail !!!!!! ... wait.... damn.....
Nothing like the smell of castor in the morning!!!!!

Super Sportster 40 MKII
Nexstar Select - Rebuild (covering job, convert to tail dragger)

P-47 Razorback
Harvard (AT-6)
(Undecided on a bipe, pitts? or hog? 60"-80" wingspan)
Gooseman240 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

If the service was good enough to justify the cost of Canada post I might think the employees had a foot to stand on, but the simple fact is that Canada post is a complete joke. The service sucks, the rates are ridiculous, and they are the slowest of all the couriers out there. I think we could kill 2 birds with one stone if we just fired all the lazy ass slobs that work there now and gave the jobs to those who are having a hard time finding work, help beat unemployment and make the diptards who currently work for CP realize they have a good thing. They are already paid very well for doing a relatively simple job.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41

What Jeremy said
Let Me Think About It

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
Bdegan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #14
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Don M

Total Props: 3

I'll never understand union mentality.
goneflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #15
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8

Oh well, so long as the strike is less than a month I probably won't notice any difference is how long it takes to mail something...

Dean Myers
MAAC 81138
CMPRA Calgary (
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave H
Radio of choice:
JR 12X / Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: +20

Total Props: 5

I would hope that the government would force them back to work after a few days.... Especially since I'm waiting for a few important parcels from the US....
RV-8'ting and loving it!!
**Trout Farm Flyers**
zdsh13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #17
Chris W
RCC Apprentice
I am: Chris W

fedex or the guys with brown stains on their pants will actually ship to their depots. just talk to the local manager
Chris W is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #18
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: R D

Total Props: 39

Having them ship to there depot doesnt help me out to much when it is several hours away from me.

My only beef with Canada post are the people who do final delivery. That job is contracted out to the lowest bidder. I have no complaints for the people who work in the post offices they have always been helpful and polite.
Helno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor
I am: Real D

Didn't even heard about them going on strike (also have two parcels coming in, shoot).
Don't even know what they are asking for.

But sure enough, I won't bash them. With the gas going up like crazy here, everybody if feeling the pain. Because of that, our food is going up, as well as everything else on our stores shelves. Yes, the rate is going up yearly, but remember, it's not only salary... As far as I'm concerned, I hate all the other courriers that happily charge you $50 in fee to bring the parcel across the boarder while Canada Post does it for free. I gave many hundred dollas to Fedex or UPS for only a few parcels, way more than I ever give to Canada post. I know it's easy to say postal workers have it easy when the weather is awesome liken it is now, but when it's -20 for a whole week, and we still get your mail every day, I do think that many of us may not want their jobs so quickly.

As a kid, I remember quite well delivering flyers in winter. Even broke a finger as I tried to stop my fall from frozen stairs that some lazy owner didn't want to clean. If I have a good education today, it's probably because I didn't want to do a job like that! But that's just me!
OK, I finally learned how to fly a RC plane... Next: Learning to land them, because this is getting costly...
Real Gambler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #20
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

We get Global BC on Shaw Satellite here in the GTA and the first that I heard about a possible strike was when my wife was catching up on Oprah (dinnertime here in the GTA, while it's 4PM in BC).

BTW, the usual group of posties that go on strike aren't the letter carriers, but the inside workers (sorting plants and such....). I suspect that the government may decide that it is time to let things progress without intervention (long strike rather than panic and give the union close to what they want). There's a lot of resentment that's built up over the years, some justified and some just knee-jerk reaction to being inconvenienced).

The problem with the posties is that they still think that they have a strangle-hold on Canada, in spite of all the alternatives. If they do go out, I'll flip all the bills that I receive through the mail to e-mail delivery. The only thing that would be arriving in my mailbox will be flyers (that'll stop when I post the sign "no unaddressed mail" and fill in the Canada Post form to enforce it.) and the local newspapers and catalogs which my wife and I use to plan shopping.

The only thing that I would need the post office for would be handling packages so I don't have to deal with Fedex or UPS, and the occassional birthday card to the grand-kids.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.