Great Thanks to airmodellers in Arnprior, ON! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 05-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: JohnK

Total Props: 0
Great Thanks to airmodellers in Arnprior, ON!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Today was a windy day and I did not feel myself to good to fly (I fly at my big backyard), so I decided to see what one of local RC clubs looks like. So far, so good, I found them, chit chat a little with nice gentlemen and decided to go to home. Unfortunately I picked up a wrong road back and as a result I stuck in the middle of a forest on non paved road having weels helplessly hanging in the air, having clay under them. Ok, I called home, asking my wife to find some truck to tow me out and it turned out that nobody wants to go to help me. None!

So, I turned to gentleman, whom I saw fisrt time in a life explaining my situation. Without moment hesitation, they offered me all possible help, dropped all their flying stuff and went to rescue me. We spent good maybe 2, maybe 3 hours, digging the dirt, putting something under vehicle, pushing it, trying to tow it, etc. You know all this stuff. That was not easy. Needless to say that we all were dirty as hell, we made several attempts to tow. At the very end, fortunately we pulled my car out.

So that's the story. Guys, who make living of car towing and rescuing all refused, but the guys, who went flying went many extra miles to help me, dropping all their flying to help. And after all that great efforts, guess what, they routinely continued flying.

These kind and helpful gentelmen belong to Arnprior Radiocontrol club and the names are Dave and Phil. Thank you, so much, guys, for not leaving me in a forest!

Needless to say, that I joined the club right immediately. I'd be proud to be among guys, who help others so much, dropping their own stuff.

Sorry for a long post. I just tried to express my gratitude to these guys and be among RC modellers. They are great people!
KV_Heli is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up Re: Great Thanks to airmodellers in Arnprior, ON!

Great story KV_HELI .

Thanks for sharing it.
SpaceCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8
Re: Great Thanks to airmodellers in Arnprior, ON!

One thing I've found about RC folks, they're always willing to help each other out. Great story.
Dean Myers
MAAC 81138
CMPRA Calgary (
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62

My sister lives up there and when I have visited I found most people to be extremely friendly. Great story and if a tow truck had showen up you probably couldn't afford to join the club

''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

Yep, the Arnprior Club is great! I very much enjoy flying there and hanging out with the gang! I have several clubs much closer to me than Arnprior but I still enjoy flying there the most!
Team Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-6G
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 6

Very good story kev..glad you made it ok and didn't have to stay in the forest all nite.
I knew a girl with abig forest once !
cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Yup, that proves it. Model aircraft fliers a great bunch of guys!!

Great story, thanks for sharing!!!
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums:

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Dave H
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4

Total Props: 0

Hey KV Heli Guy !

I'm just happy we were able to help you out....I think we all have been caught in a situation where we needed some assistance from people we don't know yet , and have been offered help... I know I have, and I look at times like that as an opportunity to "pay it forward "
Gratitude expressed as you have, hopefully will inspire us all to help out others when we can.

Dave Hammond
ARCC Club President
Hammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Joe Smith (I swear)
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 11

Wow.. You got lucky! Dave's not usually such a nice guy.. Heck most of the time he's nothing but a big pain in the...

Seriously though - great bunch up there. It's the only club I fly at nowadays, and there's definitely much closer to me too - and that right there is why. Great relaxed atmosphere, no BS, just an awesome bunch of guys out to have fun. Dave included I guess
uʍop ǝpısdn ʇı op sʎnƃ ılǝɥ
rotormonkey13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.