Savage 25 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss nitro RC vehicles

Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Ted U

Total Props: 0
Savage 25

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi guys, first post here. I've got a Savage 25 that I just use for back yard bashing, no tracks or racing. It's time for some repairs and I'm wondering what would be the best stuff to get. Tires are tearing and one shock is leaking. Whenever I replace parts I like to upgrade if possible so keep that in mind if you have suggestions. Also it doesn't seem to have near the guts that it had when new and I don't know what to look for on this problem. Thanks for now!
volkswagon is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice
I am: Marv M.
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 2
Re: Savage 25

I'm not a Savage fan so I'm not going to be any help there.

But I may be able to help with your complaint about the engine.

How many gallons of fuel have you run thru the engine?

I would bet that the problem is that the engine is loosing compression[worn piston and sleeve]so you may need to rebuild it or just up-grade to a newer,larger engine.

Does HPI have an engine trade-in program? I don't know myself.

And the reason I'm not a Savage fan,I have a Savage 21 but it spends most of its time in pieces, in a cardboard box. Its the one RC that I love to Hate. Work on it for a week, drive it 30 or 40 feet and start all over. I've got better things to do. Like jumping out of a speeding truck into a cactus patch,Naked!
The Manic Mechanic
mopar marv is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
RCC Noob
I am: Dalton B

Buy aluminum shocks or hpi big bore shocks Replace that .25 engine with an axial .28 or if you can afford it an lrp .28 or lrp .30, it will have way more guts. As for tires pick what you like It's more of whatever you want. Hope that helps.

Last edited by MT_MASTER; 09-19-2011 at 06:30 PM.
MT_MASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:29 AM   #4
Nitro Newf
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jamie H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

All the local guys here are using the SH .28 3-port engine for the Savage replacement engine. Excellent bottom end power and high RPM. For $100 with Roto-Start, you can't go wrong. You could go with the SH .28 8-Port (Same as LRP Spec 3) if you want to tear your Savage apart. A few guys tried it here and it was fun for a little while.
Z-CAR ZMXT-8 w/SH .28 - Z10XB - Z10XB-E
Nitro Newf is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.