WARNING 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 06-25-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Mike S
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 1
WARNING 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
WARNING 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch.

Just came across this warning, don't know how much exposure it's had, but it looks pretty important if you're flying Gas.

Here's the link:

MikeS is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Travis F.
Radio of choice:
32ch FrSky Taranis Plus
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 1
Re: WARNING 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch.

4 month old news, but thanks for posting it anyway Mike. It was actually myself and another guy who discovered this issue well over 4 months ago over at the FG thread. We've been reporting test results back to Hitec since that time. 4 weeks ago, Hitec has since confirmed the issue and posted a service bulletin after enouigh people confirmed the issue. The fix of channel reversal on the opti-kill channel works perfectly however. I have well over 100 flights since I applied this "fix" issue free. Check out the FG thread for more info if you're concerned.

35% H9 Extra 300 - GP 123 | 30% Peak Edge 540T - DLE-55 | 71" AJ Slick - 12s/Motrolfly | 48" EF Edge 540T - 4s/Torque | QQ Splendor - 6s | Radian PRO | 32" Crack Yak | SkyWalker Long Range FPV | T-Rex 600 E PRO DFC - 12s/fully KDE | T-Rex 500 PRO DFC - 6s/Scorpion | 32ch FrSky Taranis Plus | IMAC #6527 | MAAC #80659 | CRAMS #11031 | SCRCMC

Last edited by Eganwp; 06-25-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Eganwp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Max Standen
Radio of choice:
Futaba 10C
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 6
Re: WARNING 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch.

a few weeks ago i hit my oto kill on final landing as i the idle wouldent go down and when i hit it the plane just browned out and pancaked and it never dawned on me that it was that but im using spektrum dsm2
Trex 600EFL Pro DFC ,EG Aircraft Mxs-R Matt Hall DLE 111 pro Flow canisters, Extreme composite Sukhoi, Ritewing Zephry 2 FPV, Twin Star FPV, DJI 550 Hexa FPV.
Max Standen. Trout Farm Flyers
Team Pro-Rc
flyboysnow is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up Re: WARNING 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch.

Thanks for the heads up.

It is the first I have heard of this.
SpaceCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.