Got away with one today. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 06-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: David C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1
Got away with one today.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
A crash that is. Whew- kinda lost orientation and was in the process of righting everything while the heli was slowly dropping to the ground. I was slowly upping the collective because I didn't want to juice it just in case it was aiming at me at the time. Haha.

I watched in slow motion as the heli went into the ground about as slow as possible. It really was the slowest crash ever. Heli "landed" and tipped, I flicked TH and watched the blades carve an arc into the wood chips.

And THAT is why I fly over a wood chipped playground while I'm learning. The ground is so soft and not grabby like grass. Picked the heli up, gave it a once over and it was perfectly fine.

Froghammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Pat B.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 6
Re: Got away with one today.

Haha... good to hear! Must have been an "close call" day! I had one myself with my fixed wing trainer.

I had been taking off cross wind due to some limitations in runway orientation, when all of a sudden I got a gust of wind that shifted to a tailwind as I was taking off. She kinda lofted 9-10 ft in the air, drifted right and into some tall bushes. It went in a nose up attitude and just hung itself into the bush/trees... kinda like a crucifix! Got it down and not a scratch on it!!

Good times!
MAAC #83261
Sparkfarmer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: David C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1
Re: Got away with one today.

Haha. Yep- sounds like you got away with one too.

Every day is a close call day for me. Combine the fact that I'm just learning with my gusty, too small practice area and it's a recipe for lots of pucker moments. Heh.

I can't wait for this weekend to head up to the cottage and have an open field to fly in for the first time. It's going to be glorious!
Froghammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.