Spektrum signal loss - Page 22 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #211
scochrane
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Stephen Cochrane
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX6i
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 4
Re: Spektrum signal loss

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Lost signal on dx6i - had replaced antenna because flex-link broke, screwed new antenna on and cut wire with screw. Range tested okay but when plane was about 400ft away lost all control. Plane flew back into range and was landed (ok, crash landed) Took transmitter apart to make sure wire attached to circuit board, was, so continued flying, lost control again so quit flying for the day. Thought still first was plane battery switch so connected battery directly to receiver. Took transmitter apart at home and found cut wire on antenna.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #212
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard N
Radio of choice:
Graupner MC28 & MC20 & MZ-32
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 32
Smile Re: Spektrum signal loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by scochrane View Post
Lost signal on dx6i - had replaced antenna because flex-link broke, screwed new antenna on and cut wire with screw. Range tested okay but when plane was about 400ft away lost all control. Plane flew back into range and was landed (ok, crash landed) Took transmitter apart to make sure wire attached to circuit board, was, so continued flying, lost control again so quit flying for the day. Thought still first was plane battery switch so connected battery directly to receiver. Took transmitter apart at home and found cut wire on antenna.
Good for you for figuring it out. Hope the rest of the flying season is good to you!
cloudniner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #213
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMJET View Post
all radios have features I don't like including my 12x it has a slide trim for throttle and the rest are digital .the reason for this is beyond me (stupid idea in my opinion )I was not picking on the ATX you presented this feature as a advantage ,and I expressed my concerns about it to (any others on this site) that may like to hear objective opinions . this is my opinion about this feature on the Airtronics .unless of course you feel I should not be able to express my opinion .I have made comments only about a radio and it's functions,not persons and there abilities. kindly do the same. Roger
I do feel that,that in no way, did I express an opinion that you should not express yours. It was the way in which you condemed Airtronics on the procedure in which they did their range checking and that a person might miss resetting; THAT is a comment on a persons abilities. There are other alerts on the radio that the radio flashes the Green led to indicate that it is in low power if in fact the person forgets. The digital screen still says on low power and does not change until the operator changes it then the green alert light goes to solid green to indicate full power. I felt very strongly that this was a none issue for condemnation.

Enough said. Yes we all like/dislike things about our radios. There is nothing I dislike ( after 3 years of use) but there are a few things I WOULD LIKE that it doesn't have. Hopefully Airtronics/Sanwa will come up with changes in the near future ; maybe at Christmas and maybe my wants will be fulfilled as a Christmas present.....hear that Santa.... .... I do know that what they will do is make sure everything will be well tested so no changes once it is available. Take care and happy flying whatever it might be.

MAAC # 11171

Last edited by stegl; 09-05-2012 at 07:13 PM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #214
fsone
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Norm
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 18+

Total Props: 6

Airtronics atx sd-10g April 12/12 individual 3 lockouts,
2nd person battery doesn't last long
Airtronics has recall 3 feb/11 RF board upgrade Yea sure looks like Airtronics has it all together.
Make Safety Priority #1
fsone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #215
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsone View Post
Airtronics atx sd-10g April 12/12 individual 3 lockouts,
2nd person battery doesn't last long
Airtronics has recall 3 feb/11 RF board upgrade Yea sure looks like Airtronics has it all together.
Looks like pretty good made up data and if not please provide your sources.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #216
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

It took me three seconds to find this on Google.

Fact

http://www.rcheliresource.com/attent...for-the-sd10g/

"Details: In the USA, a small number of SD-10G users have reported momentary loss of signal when using the SD-10G in FHSS-1 modulation typically in crowded environments. While very small, it is still concerning to Airtronics.

This has resulted in Sanwa/Airtronics researching these events, and now we are offering a free update to those affected SD-10G owners (see serial number list, above)."

Last edited by cloudniner; 09-05-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #217
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX 20 & DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
I do feel that,that in no way, did I express an opinion that you should not express yours. It was the way in which you condemed ATX on the procedure in which they did their range checking and that a person might miss resetting; THAT is a comment on a persons abilities. There are other alerts on the radio that the radio flashes the Green led to indicate that it is in low power if in fact the person forgets. The digital screen still says on low power and does not change until the operator changes it then the green alert light goes to solid green to indicate full power. I felt very strongly that this was a none issue for condemnation.

Enough said. Yes we all like/dislike things about our radios. There is nothing I dislike ( after 3 years of use) but there are a few things I WOULD LIKE that it doesn't have. Hopefully ATX/Sanwa will come up with changes in the near future ; maybe at Christmas and maybe my wants will be fulfilled as a Christmas present.....hear that Santa.... .... I do know that what they will do is make sure everything will be well tested so no changes once it is available. Take care and happy flying whatever it might be.

MAAC # 11171
making direct comments about someones abilities or whether or not they should be flying because they express an opinion(is a personal attack) ,there was no reason for you to respond to my post the way you did, I was expressing my concerns about a function on a radio,not a person (my opinion)and How I and others could make mistakes with this function(fact, this mistake could be made on a ATX )( fact ,there are radios that prevent this potential mistake)(another fact there are objective people that might like to hear both sides of a story before buying a ATX). None of my comments were directed at you .To Imply that everyone in the world including myself could and do make mistakes is not a personal attack . regardless of all the bells and whistles on that radio it is possible to take off in low power . There are a lot of poor features built into every radio but few could actually cause a crash and that is the only reason I mentioned my concerns about this feature . You have to admit it is not the smartest way to setup that function .Features like this invite failure that could have been prevented by design.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #218
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudniner View Post
It took me three seconds to find this on Google.

Fact

http://www.rcheliresource.com/attent...for-the-sd10g/

"Details: In the USA, a small number of SD-10G users have reported momentary loss of signal when using the SD-10G in FHSS-1 modulation typically in crowded environments. While very small, it is still concerning to Airtronics.

This has resulted in Sanwa/Airtronics researching these events, and now we are offering a free update to those affected SD-10G owners (see serial number list, above)."
Yes ; the date on the bulletin is almost 2 years old . That news is so old and worn out that sounds like a stuck record. Don't see in the bulletin where anyone lost an airplane, heli, glider and that issue was only in a crowed environment. If you are not sure what that means I could explain further. Momentary loss loss of signal does not mean total loss of signal.

The bulletin came out November and all issues for radios not sold to the public were handled by early December and issues for owners were handled by beginning of January of 2011 due to notifications and shipping time. Pretty good service I think. Also the issue were only with the FHSS-1 receivers but never a problem with the higher end FHSS-3 receivers which the SD-10G was designed to really perform with.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #219
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Thumbs down Re: Spektrum signal loss

Stegl

Once more this thread is about 'Spektrum Signal Loss'. If you want to rant about how good ATX is why not start you own thread on that subject and see how much traffic you get.

As the guy in N.Z. says the Chinese aren't going to bother coping Hitec and ATX cause they don't have enough market share.

Just checked H.K. They got Spektrum of course, Futaba, and now even JR DMSS. The DMSS is a four channel Park Flyer model that I would not put in anything I valued, but hey...

Just say'n, they aren't going to bother coping something they aren't going to sell a lot of.

Last edited by cloudniner; 09-05-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #220
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudniner View Post
Stegl

Once more this thread is about 'Spektrum Signal Loss'. If you want to rant about how good ATX is why not start you own thread on that subject and see how much traffic you get.

As the guy in N.Z. says the Chinese aren't going to bother coping Hitec and ATX cause they don't have enough market share.

Just checked H.K. They got Spektrum of course, Futaba, and now even JR DMSS. The DMSS is a four channel Park Flyer model that I would not put in anything I valued, but hey...

Just say'n, they aren't going to bother coping something they aren't going to sell a lot of.
And thats the way I want it ...no chinese copies... so I wanted the trouble free oEM stuff. Worked to hard to pick up pieces.... See there are advantages of having lower markey share. Many thanks for posting. Now that is a positive statement by clowdniner.

And just answering to correct some false information keep coming at me. In posting 213 Quote " Enough said ." Guess I should have been a little explicit.

Last edited by stegl; 09-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in