Hirobo Quark SRB Won't lift properly - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Brian Piper

Total Props: 0
Re: Hirobo Quark SRB Won't lift properly

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by len mosissette View Post
75% throttle at half stick sound's a little high to me ,also the 8 degrees - "low stick" low for general flight .
I use =

60 to 65 % throttle at half stick

5 deg's pitch at half stick

10 deg's pitch's hi stick

0 to 2 deg's - at low stick

For flight mode #1

I find works best ,and has a good safe head speed .

Your set-up must Screem at just below 1/2 to 3/4 stick , untill you put a load on it ?

What kind of head speed aprox ,do you think your spinning it up to ?

It might tame your heli down for you ,if you lower the throttle some at half ?

And landing can be hard with the 8% - pitch at low stick .

But if you are used to it ,and its not going over your max head speed ?

go for it and Have Fun !
Look in the heli for sale I have mine for sale if anyone is interested.
Popeye is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5

Guys, Quark is a fixed pitch heli with foam blades, it is not t-rex, forget all this talk of pitch gauges, curves and such. There is nothing to adjust aside from minor tracking adjustments. If has marginal power to start with, I have one. One of the most stable amazing little choppers ever made.
Most of the time, if it won't climb, check power system for binding, it must be totally free. The most obvious is a bad battery. If it is old stock one, replace it. Do not bother with the stock replacement one , it is $75.00, unless you have money to burn. I use hobby king , 2S 350ma, cut of factory board connector and use a new connector to match the new battery. These mods will cost you way under $10.00 Put velcro on the battery and in the battery bay and remove the door. It holds fine without it. You will not be able to use the factory charger any more.
It is extremely simple system, unless something is burned, like the control board or the motor, it can only be those 2 things, binding or weak battery, I assume you have new blades on!

Last edited by ddruck; 07-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.
ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #13
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5

Just saw your sales add, I would take it back and ask for new battery. These helis were made several years ago and it is old stock Udisco still has. The battery got weak in storage even if it takes charge. I sold all my big helis but kept the Quark. Easy to fly in a 10 x10 room and fun in the backyard, zooming around trees. It is not t-rex, but crash costs me one set of foam blades. It is incredibly stable in hover, Chinese stole the 45deg flybar idea from Hirobo.
ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.