prop - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 07-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #1

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
APC E prop :10*7, 11*7, 12*6 or 12*8
Which prop would be best for the following setup ?
motor: park 480/910kv
esc : cc thunder 36
battery : 11.1 /2200 25c
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Ken L
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 4
Re: prop

The PZ Extra 300 has that setup and uses a 10.5 x 9 prop. Others have used a 11 x 8 on it, giving slightly more punch; while others have used a 12 x 6. The larger prop doesn't give more speed necessarily from what I gather from the 208 page thread on this PZ. Ground clearance is a consideration and the intended use of the plane (sport aerobatics or 3D). One individual did current and wattage measurements on the ground with different props, but he didn't present any conclusions.

Heck, I don't know anything about planes nor electric flight, but I do have time on my hands :=) So take the above with a grain of salt and I'll experiment with different combos.
tskca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

At 11000 RPM a 4" pitch prop will give you 40 MPH and a 6" pitch prop will give you 60 MPH. The more you load down the motor the more power it burns. I suggest you pick a speed and adjust the prop diameter to get the RPM you want.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Al E

Total Props: 3

There are two park 480 motors, the 910 kv and a 1020kv version.

the 1020 in my funtana runs a 12/8 and pulls around 25 amps at full bore on a 3s lipo.

I think you would need quite a bit larger prop on the 910 kv to get to 25 amps which is a nice aerobatic setting in a plane such as the funtana. a couple of summers ago a buddy had the 910 kv motor in a similar sized plane and we were up to props in the 12/10 range and larger and didn't see the performance we wanted.

the parkzone extra mentioned above actually comes with a 15 size motor, not the 480 according to their website so those prop numbers mentioned wouldn't work for you.
Papa Sharptooth

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
astrofler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #5

Total Props: 0

I was not referring to the pz 300 that is a different thread (Tskca)
  Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.